• My idea was to scan for the log files of the recorder app and parse them into activities. For this to work, gadgetbridge would need to pull and parse these files from the watch. However, I have no experience with Banglejs programming, so I don't know whether that's possible.

Another alternative would be to expose the HRM sensor as smart Heart rate measurement device.

• My idea was to scan for the log files of the recorder app and parse them into activities. For this to work, gadgetbridge would need to pull and parse these files from the watch. However, I have no experience with Banglejs programming, so I don't know whether that's possible.

Do you know how to do the part on the Gadgetbridge side though? If so I wouldn't have to do as much trial and error maybe :p

Another alternative would be to expose the HRM sensor as smart Heart rate measurement device.

Same for this, do you know how - even if just on Gadgetbridge side?

@Gordon has added this commented code when integrating Bangle.js and Gadgetbridge:

public boolean supportsManualHeartRateMeasurement(GBDev­ice device) {
            /* we could do this, but the current code for onHeartRateTest
            looks completely broken. There's no way to stop heart rate measurements
            and it doesn't even appear to care what device it's getting the current
            heart rate measurements from. Fixing it is too much work so disabling
            for now.
             */
            return false;
        }

But that's probably not really the same thing you're talking about.

• My idea was to scan for the log files of the recorder app and parse them into activities.

Yes, as I understand, this is how Sport Activities work for Huami devices, it can even export gps logs as gpx files (for that format recorder already has code to export to). It uses a different tab for sport activities than regular activities (more focused on all day activity as walking, resting, sleeping... like a healthy life monitor/adviser). For sport training there are some analysis that we would like to have, like distance, pace, HR zones, slope, maps... that are not interesting for just healthy activities.

That would require a smartphone or other device for tracking the activity and I suspect that this can already be done (or done with very little effort). In my case I want the watch to track the activity because I don't run with the phone.

About