You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi, sorry to hear about this... You shouldn't have to worry about covering the other contacts - it's literally just the one 2nd from the right that matters.

Are you sure that the USB power supply is working ok? Like if you attach your second Bangle to that charge cable, does it charge ok?

It is possible to open up the Bangle.js 2, yes. It's a bit like an iPhone where you have to heat up the display to melt the glue, but you don't want to heat it too much (near or over 100 degrees C) as it'll damage the LCD itself.

If you or a friend has a 3D printer with a heated bed, that would be totally perfect though - set the bed to 80 degrees C and put the Bangle face down on it for quite a while, then carefully lift up the display (maybe with a suction cup, or with a thin blade from one side if you don't mind chipping the surround slightly)

• hi, thanks for the fast reply.

The second banglejs charges fine with the cables.

I have a digital heat gun, that can be controlled from 50°C up to 650°C, that should do the trick :D
    I think i will try that on the weekend.
    Have a nice day!

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started