• Maybe just give the run app a mechanism to eval additional pages which can be selected by swiping but are installed as separate apps. Just to keep run as slim as possible by default.

I missed this! It seems like a good idea, but it feels a bit like we're almost re-implementing 'fast load' all over again...

I'd rather not have a whole new app type that's a loadable fitness screen if it ends up only used by one app (run) and with only one screen (karvonnen). I know there are some apps (kitchen?) that have been made (by @HughB?) that had multiple screens loaded on demand, but I'm not sure if there would be any interest in splitting those screens out or how sensible it is.

Maybe exstats could be modified so it stores the current run status on exit, and then you could switch apps while running - which would be a huge benefit anyway. Then it'd be as easy as allowing run to just fast-load another app on swipe and it'd be super configurable? ... but then what the swipe did would need configuring which isn't quite as easy as having it work straight away.

It's a hard one... I feel like maybe a separate app that does it all (run-karvonnen / run+) is best for now, and then if we start to end up with a bunch of fitness apps/duplication we revisit it and see if there needs to be a whole new app type.

• Maybe exstats could be modified so it stores the current run status on exit, and then you could switch apps while running - which would be a huge benefit anyway.

Ooh, that could be cool indeed 😯

It's a hard one... I feel like maybe a separate app that does it all (run-karvonnen / run+) is best for now, and then if we start to end up with a bunch of fitness apps/duplication we revisit it and see if there needs to be a whole new app type.

Sounds sensible enough to me 🙂 I'll wait for @halemmerich to chime in before redoing the PR as a new app.

About

Avatar for Ganblejs @Ganblejs started