• Anyway I'm fine with not loading/drawing the widgets in fullscreen mode :-)

Hi @Alessandro

If you choose to do that for your app then I think it should be made clear in the README file that the widgets wont be loaded and the Pedometer App will not count steps while your App is running. Otherwise we could start to get people saying the step counter is under counting etc.

Now that we can use Bangle.getHealthStatus("day").steps in a widget there is no need to count steps using Bangle.on('step'). This is an argument for phasing out use of the old Pedometer widgets in my opinion. As far as I know the Pedometer widget is the only widget that has to be running all the time to produce an accurate result.

• Hello @HughB

If you choose to do that for your app then I think it should be made clear in the README file that the widgets wont be loaded and the Pedometer App will not count steps while your App is running. Otherwise we could start to get people saying the step counter is under counting etc.

This should not be a problem because people usually don't keep the launcher opened while walking but you're right. Soon I'll send a PR about it :-)

Now that we can use Bangle.getHealthStatus("day").steps in a widget there is no need to count steps using Bangle.on('step'). This is an argument for phasing out use of the old Pedometer widgets in my opinion. As far as I know the Pedometer widget is the only widget that has to be running all the time to produce an accurate result.

Agree. I made this change on Pebble Clock some days ago.

About