• Interesting - I think the issue is that when a message arrives in a clock it is handled differently to an app, and the launcher is treated as an app.

If you don't want widgets in the launcher, don't call Bangle.loadWidgets();/Bangle.drawWidgets­();. I think that's the best bet - hiding the widgets is a bit of a hack that's done so that the clocks can still access them (eg for the pedometer).

I guess the underlying issue is the messages widget buzzes in the draw handler though, so if you erase the draw handler it won't buzz. Even so just having your watch buzzing with no clue as to why probably isn't ideal.

• If you don't want widgets in the launcher, don't call Bangle.loadWidgets();/Bangle.drawWidgets­();. I think that's the best bet - hiding the widgets is
    a bit of a hack that's done so that the clocks can still access them (eg for the pedometer).

Yeah, it makes sense.
    Probably the for (let wd of WIDGETS) { wd.draw = () => {}; wd.area = ""; } hack will die after #1466 (I haven't deepened yet on this issue but I'd like to work on it).

I guess the underlying issue is the messages widget buzzes in the draw handler though, so if you erase the draw handler it won't buzz.

Pebble Clock erase the draw handler but it buzzes. Anyway I'm fine with not loading/drawing the widgets in fullscreen mode :-)

Thank you!

About

Avatar for Alessandro @Alessandro started