You are reading a single comment by @Micha and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Did you try just running a Compact Storage from the Utils section of the Settings app?

2.3 seconds is not normal, and I imagine the delay is because your filesystem is fragmented. The plan is to add something to sort this out automatically very soon.

How could I "enable internal flash"? I'm not sure what that means. :D

It requires a custom build of the watch firmware. Probably not something you want to try just yet :)

and put it in a function that stops my timeouts and executes the launcher....

The issue here is you've got to try and stop everything - like touch/swipe/accelerometer/gesture/GPS/ba­rometer/etc events - and many more. But yes, in your own personal branch you could actually overwrite Bangle.showLauncher with your own function that does that.

There's nothing specifically in load that makes it slow. Maybe don't do this yourself as you'll have to overwrite the bootloader, but:

>require("Storage").write(".boot0","prin­t(getTime())")
    >print(getTime());load()

So the actual process of loading something takes only 0.05 sec.

It's just what's in .boot0 (the bootloader) and your app that actually slows things down.

• Did you try just running a Compact Storage from the Utils section of the Settings app?

I'll go and sit in a corner for not trying that first after you already suggested that in the Pull request.. It's now "insanely fast" again...
    Thank you so much. This solves my waiting problems!

• How fast is "insanely fast" for you? I just compacted and it takes 1.5 - 3 seconds for me to access the launcher, depending on which one I have installed.

Maybe I'll try a reset of the watch to see if it's something I've done that slows this down (installed to many apps maybe?).

edit: After factory reset and removing all apps and installing only what apps I use the watch is now much quicker (Desktop Launcher loads in just under a second, Circles clock a little longer).

About