• I have just closed the defect I logged about the 3 buttons in the message app being too close together so it was hard to select them.

However I would like to challenge why these buttons are needed at all. They seem a but unintuitive to me.

<- takes you back - but I'm quite happy to press what to me is the back button.
    Tick - no idea what it does in practice
    X - no idea what it does in practice.

The act of displaying a message is enough to acknowledge it. Is anything else really neeed ?

Personally I'd rather have a larger initial display space that was scrollable. (I know we have the option to display large / scroll which is great).

Maybe we could have an option to disable these buttons ?

What does everyone else think ? Do you find these buttons a bit confusing ?

• 100% agree.

In my opinion the messages* app would be better with gestures:

• remove all buttons: more space for content/bigger font
    • replace the "back" button with a swipe right ("mark as unread", keep in message list)
    • replace the "tick" button with a swipe left ("mark as read", remove from message list)

In my free time I could try to write some code. I promise nothing but I'd like to contribute :-D

*By the way, why is the app called "Messages"? Wouldn't "Notifications" be a better name? The app does nothing but show notifications ...

• The app does nothing but show notifications ...

It can show TEXTs, WhatsApp messages, Facebook Messenger messages. It depends if you have set your phone up to pass on these to GadgetBridge.

About

Avatar for Alessandro @Alessandro started