• her Bangle stuck at some point. She noticed over half an hour later that the time was wrong and she cannot open the launcher

When you restarted the Bangle,was the clock actually telling you the right time? Or could the problem be that the clock just didn't display the time correctly?

If the Bangle actually totally locked up it could be an issue, but if you could reset it by holding the button that means that the system timer was working and time should probably have been kept ok.

... it's kind of what you expect from pretty much any computer-based clock ...
    Not really, computers tend to have more accurate clocks in my experience.

This isn't the place for this discussion, but if you do a quick google it seems pretty clear that PCs all have quite a lot of clock drift. The only reason they stay accurate now is because they're pretty much all connected to the internet.

For instance I haven't set the time in my Panasonic camera (which isn't a cheap device) for maybe a year or more. I just checked, and it's now over 20 minutes out.

• ... PCs all have quite a lot of clock drift ...

My Bangle.js 2 has about 60 PPM clock drift at room temperature and Raspberry Pi 3 has about 6 PPM - i.e. 10 times better.

About

Avatar for malaire @malaire started