You are reading a single comment by @HughB and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Counting steps when making a rythmic forwards and backwards motion is a standard way to fool all step counters.

I know it, which is why sometimes I would like to (temporarily) stop the step counter. I'd like press a "pause counter" button, swept the garden sidewalk and then press a "unpause counter" button :-D

Is it technically possible to develop a js app that does this?

Today I wore both a Bangle2 and a Mi Band 5 on the same arm.

Before the treadmill: Bangle2 1683 vs Mi Band 1046 steps.

After 2 Km on the treadmill: 3557 vs 3480 so the Bangle counted 1874 vs 2434 steps.

(I read that small and short activities are ignored by Mi Band by design, e.g. I walk from study to kitchen, pause, and then from kitchen to study: Bangle counted 10+11 steps vs 0 by Mi Band).

I attached the log of the treadmill walk, hope it helps!

• Is it technically possible to develop a js app that does this?

Yes , you could build a clock where pressing BTN1 would start and stop counting steps if you wanted to. The Run App works like this already. You could copy that as a starting point. Or you could count steps using the Bangle.on('step',x) event BUT only count steps when you had not put your app into pause mode.

About