• Thanks - sorry, if it seemed by response previously was a bit terse - it wasn't my intention :)

Anyway what would be a best or easiest way for Bangle2 app to download the SMA .bin file from URL, without a need to go to Apps site and run Assisted GPS manually?

Yeah, that is actually a whole other issue. The idea is eventually the Bangle.js-specific Gadgetbridge app for Android will run the App Loader website internally. It should then be able to run the AGPS upload code in the background (maybe at midnight?).

I'm not convinced. The code for the AGPS app is here:

@HughB I just don't understand. It is pretty clearly appending the data at https://github.com/hughbarney/BangleApps­/blob/fa07467c4236409a00526254bce6c0ad35­e5c623/apps/assistedgps/custom.html#L157­-L160 and if you look with Puck.debug=3 in the console you'll see a big blob of data is being sent.

It seems users have reported it's working, so what exactly are you basing your assumption that it's not working/sending data on??

I did observe the first fix time to be about 1 minute which is perfectly fine for what I want and I could just modify my GPS touch app to send a CAS04 first.

We went through this exact thing with Bangle.js 1 didn't we? Why does your app need to send the command? If you use the AGPS app it should have configured your GPS just fine and hopefully there won't be a need to hard-code GPS config into the app.

For GPS config we could just port the GPS Setup app that existed for Bangle.js 1

@Mark_M it may be that streaming the data over bluetooth slows things down enough that everything works ok? I guess to check we'd need to move to Serial2 and the print the responses though.

Right now, we split the file into chunks of 128 bytes (https://github.com/hughbarney/BangleApps­/blob/fa07467c4236409a00526254bce6c0ad35­e5c623/apps/assistedgps/custom.html#L157­-L160) - they're sent over serial and we actually wait for a response after the command has finished (that doesn't mean it's been sent over serial, but it does add a nice delay).

I guess it would make a lot of sense to detect the chunks of data in the ble_epo_offline.bin file and instead split the data into those blocks? That way we'd have a nice pause between transmission of each

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started