• @myownself that sounds wonderful. I'm also badly interested in being able to set these 4 kinds of different runs !
    About the different HR zones, once you start to use it, it makes more sense than BPM. Also, plenty of videos about running refer to these HR zones. Probably all running watches nowadays include it, so it's definitively something people may look for.

I'm not against having different designs of running apps, but I think it makes sense to have 1 single app making all the job, not to start a gps recorder app, then an interval app, then another app that shows BPM etc... I think 1 good running app would make the bangle.js definitvely appealing, and that's why I think I'm gonna make a couple more suggestions ! I'll be trying and testing this app, if you have alpha versions, I run 3 to 5 times a week...

Adding personnalised settings (weight) would allow the app could render a number of burnt calories at the end of the run.
    Adding maximum HR in personnalisation allows for automatic calculation of HR zones, if unknown, it can be guess-timated from the age and gender.
    A last thing, which is completely accessory, but that I like from my Garmin watch, is that it has a record section where it gives me my best 1kms, best 5 kms, best 10 kms. When I finish a race, it shows a medal with the record if I beat a previous record. That's great for the ego.
    And in the list of things that could be useful, I use an external HR, the polar OH1+ (second hand 50 euros, as precise as a chest strap HRM) which pairs flawlessly with the bangle.js. Still, when I finished to run, I have to take it off and delete the app. Adding a setting section for HRM with ON/OFF/EXTERNAL would be perfect. When "external" is toggled, a short message with a buzz confirming the pairing with it would also finish to polish the whole thing.

• About the different HR zones, once you start to use it, it makes more sense than BPM. Also, plenty of videos about running refer to these HR zones. Probably all running watches nowadays include it, so it's definitively something people may look for.

Thanks, I haven't used any running watch in the past so I didn't realise this. I've had conversations about HR Zones in the past and it meant different things to different people I spoke to, is the meaning standardised across the watches you've used?

And in the list of things that could be useful, I use an external HR, the polar OH1+ (second hand 50 euros, as precise as a chest strap HRM) which pairs flawlessly with the bangle.js. Still, when I finished to run, I have to take it off and delete the app. Adding a setting section for HRM with ON/OFF/EXTERNAL would be perfect. When "external" is toggled, a short message with a buzz confirming the pairing with it would also finish to polish the whole thing.

I think this one should be handled elsewhere rather than in a single app. Deleting the app for external HRM obviously isn't ideal for anyone when they take it off.

About

Avatar for Fteacher @Fteacher started