Remove Custom QR Code

Posted on
  • Hi all, I am an end user with no particular JS knowledge. Was wondering if anyone who has uploaded a custom QR code via the app loader was able to later remove the code/app from the watch using the app loader. On my BangleJS 2, I was only able to remove the QR code/app once I was done with it by removing all apps.

• Hey, you should be able to just connect your phone to the app loader website, select your apps (middle tap), and then hit the delete button next to the app there.

• EDIT: Seems I spoke too soon, trying to delete through the app loader fails with this message:

Custom QR Code removal failed, ReferenceError: Can't find
    variable: appListStr

That worked, thanks!
    For some reason the trash can didn’t appear next to the app and the app itself didn’t appear under “My Apps” when I first posted, but it all worked as expected this time around. I’m gonna guess it was because I didn’t manually refresh the list of apps after uploading the first time.

• Uploading screenshots of the App Loader when I try to remove the app. Gonna create an issue on GitHub.

2 Attachments

• 3D0BC300-5EC1-45C6-8C49-6CB1068630C7.png
    • B98A431A-EF1D-44C7-B7FA-BAA9D1565B26.png
  • @user138784 Did you try a different browser or possibly doing a full refresh (ctrl + F5) of the App loader and/or deleting it's cookies?

Edit: I might add that I have no issues removing Custom QR through the App loader... So a cache cleaning sounds pretty plausible as a solution to your issue.

• I think this got reported on GitHub too? https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps/i­ssues/1198

Looks like the appListStr error is a bug in the error message. I'll get a fix in for that, and then maybe if this re-occurs the error message will be more helpful!

• Hi all, I have been able to remove the app through the App Loader on desktop (Windows Iridium portable). I wasn't able to figure out how to clear the cache (or do many basic browser functions) through WebBLE, so can't say if that would have worked.

I opened the Github issue so I'll be sure to reply to comments there, too.

• Just tried it here with WebBLE on iOS and I can't seem to reproduce. Lets discuss this on that GitHub issue rather than doing it in two places: https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps/i­ssues/1198

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Remove Custom QR Code

Posted by Avatar for user138784 @user138784

Actions