• @Gordon The last couple of days I've seen that my Bangle.js 2 looses connection with my phone quite frequently. Haven't had much time for troubleshooting though (things like testing different versions of apps, both on watch and phone, etc), but today I noticed a way to trigger it.

When pressing play in a Netflix notification the Gadgetbridge app crashes and restarts, but the bluetooth connection is not resumed automatically.

I have debug messages active on the watch and when the crash occurs this is displayed on the watch:
    jshFlashWrite SPI addr 0x00045
    (Don't know if there's more to the message. That's all that fits on the screen and I can barely see the last 5 and most of the times only half the 4 is visible.)

I'm also attaching an excerpt of a logcat I saved during the app crash. If needed I can send you the full thing too...

This was observed/logs saved on Bangle.js 2, firmware 2v10.240 with Android integration 0.04 and Messages 0.09 (but I'm seeing the same with 0.10 installed) installed on the watch and Gadgetbridge 0.63.0 on the phone.

This is probably not the only reason for Gadgetbridge crashing, since I've seen loss of connection without Netflix running on the phone as well, and I'd guess that it is Gadgetbridge crashing (for whatever reason) that is the cause of my issue.

Edit: forgot to add that I've tried this on a clean install of Gadgetbridge too, and with versions 0.61.0 and 0.62.0 as well.

1 Attachment

About

Avatar for johan_m_o @johan_m_o started