You are reading a single comment by @HughB and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I'd like to ressurect this thread.

I still think the layout, grouping of the settings App is a bit random, a bit hacker oriented rather than user oriented. I dont really understand why Make Conectable has to have top place. If this is a frequent visit to toggle for some users then maybe an app is needed to switch it ON for X minutes.

I never use any of the communication settings or Debug, Vibration, Beep - they are just baggage in the way to get to the Theme Menu that I use a lot when testing apps and looking at color handling etc.

I think the following structure would be more logical for the average user.

• App Settings
      < Back
      App Name 1
      App Name 2
      etc
    • System
      < Back
      • Theme
      • Locale
      • Default Clock
      • LCD
        Reset Settings
        Turn Off
        Factory Reset
    • Communications
      < Back
      Make Connectable Y/N
      BLE
      Programmable
      HID
      Passkey Beta
      Whitelist
    • Notifications
      < Back
      Debug Info
      Beep
      Vibration
      Quiet Mode
  • Design by committee is always an "interesting" process, but agree that a reorganization is required and @hughb suggestions looks good.

• I like it. But for now I would prefer a menu without so many submenus for the following reasons:

• The menu doesn't remember the currently selected item so when going to a submenu and then back it jumps to the top of the item list. This makes it difficult to find the right submenu. For example when looking for the Quiet Mode settings I would assume it's in the system settings but it is not there. Going back jumps to the top of the list so I would have to scroll down again to find it in the Notifications submenu.

• When tapping the Back button too often it goes back to the app instead of the app launcher. From the app launcher it would be easy to open the settings again. But having to go from the app to the settings again because you accidentally hit the Back button too often can be annoying.

I wonder if these two issues can be resolved? IMO it would also improve usability quite a bit.

About