• Hi everyone,

I have a circuit with a PuckJS, a motor driver and a motor DC powered by the same CR2032 battery. I would like to replace the PuckJS with an MDBT42 but the MDBT42 crashes when the motor is powered. Everything works fine with PuckJS.

Does anyone know why ?

By the way the MDBT42 stop crashing if I add two big capacitors (1000uF 25V), one at board terminal, one at the battery terminal. But those capacitors are too big for the space I've got. I tried with smaller capacitors or just one but it doesn't work. I can't get why.

The motor draws 10-25mA.

Thanks a lot

• The Vin pin of the MDBT42Q breakout goes to a regulator, and that regulator drops some voltage (don't want to look up right now, but probably couple hundred millivolts). If you use a battery (for example the CR2032) that's less than 3.6V, connect it to the 3.3 pin.

And not exactly what you asked, but a motor - I assume it's running not only for milliseconds - even at 10-20mA is huge for a CR2023.
    You should try somewhat bigger battery. Watch out for it's voltage! If it's below 3.6V, connect to the 3.3 pin, if it's over that, connect to the Vin pin. For example, Li-ion, Li-poly must be connected to the Vin pin. LiFePo4, CR123A can be connected to the 3.3 pin.

• Thanks Akos !

I connected battery to the 3.3 pin and it seems to be better indeed, 100uF capacitors is now enough to prevent crashing.

Any idea to improve this ? And why the puck doesn't have this issue ?

And yes you are right about the CR2032 max drain. Actually it drains 10-20mA just during 2 seconds and a very very few times. I will change battery to a special one allowing high drain but first I really would like to make the MDBT42 as stable as the Puck. I need the circuit to hold as much as possible with end-of-life batteries.

About

Avatar for AkosLukacs @AkosLukacs started