AkosLukacs

Member since Dec 2015 • Last active May 2021
  • 19 conversations
  • 481 comments

Most recent activity

• in ESP32

Hi, you wrote you sample sensors every 300ms, unless the sensor is in some liquid or glued/bolted to something you measure, you create significant self heating (assuming it's a DS18B20 or similar). And IIRC unless you reduce the default resolution, sampling multiple sensors won't finish in 300ms.

And since you got CALLBACK,MEMORY errors as well, there might be a memory leak somewhere. Happens to everyone, I usually display or send free memory as well, so I can spot if there is any memory leak. Can you post your code? Just remove passwords :)

The probably too fast sampling rate can lead to a memory leak, because you try to start a new measurement cycle while the first is still in progress. If that's the case, simply measuring slower could solve your problem (and reduce errors due to sensor self heating).

You can add some debug prints to your to the beginning and end of measurement with process.memory().free to confirm that measurements don't overlap?

• in Bangle.js

I'm at 4600 steps, I did wear the bangle all night, but it's still only 8am, AFAIK I'm not sleepwalking, only had a breakfast and did some washing up.
    Noticed the same 5-7 steps increase as HughB when twisitng my arm. Also when I twist my arm, and stop, and the counter goes up 2-3-4 steps while not moving at all (the watch is as stationary as I can hold it).
    Installed 2v09.7 and the pedometer widget after Gordon's #5 post.

• in Bangle.js

Web BLE is just a way to access BLE via a web browser, so should work with any smartphone that has either a Web BLE capable browser (Chrome-based things on Android, and no idea about iThings). Or should work with any native development tools, BLE is not a new thing in phones.

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

Haven't checked before, just hoped one side of the arduino header would kind-of match a feather. But looks like no luck. A feather wing compatible-ish something might fit, if we ignore NFC, the coin battery and a routing signals, I guess :/

Interesting, IIRC Espruino interpreter does "wake up" periodically, some timer runs out, it's documented somewhere. So short spikes in power consumption is expected.
    Tested with an MDBT42Q breakout @ v.2v08.189, but my baseline is around 5~7uA (measured by an INA226 and Espruino) .

When did you buy the Espruino and the Raytac module? Long shot, but maybe Raytac changed something in the module, and doesn't go as low power as earlier modules did? Got mine with the Bangle kickstarter. Or maybe you uploaded something earlier to the modules that changed fuse bits?

Somewhere you mentioned you already have some prototypes, but would adding a Feather footprint be possible?

Have you connected anything to serial pin (D0 on MDBT40Q)? That would turn on the high speed oscillator and increase power draw.
    Also, are you connected via BLE (or any phone or computer that may connect automatically)? You have to disconnect to actually shut off radio.

• in Interfacing

Much better, file length matches the buffer-s length. First couple of bytes match. I think all I need is read back on the computer.

Thank you!

• in Interfacing

I'm trying to write 16bit integers to a file, but didn't got the result I was expecting. For example:

>var d = new Uint16Array([255, 1111, 42])
    =new Uint16Array([255, 1111, 42])
    >d[0]
    =255
    >d[1]
    =1111
    >d[2]
    =42
    >fs.appendFile("log0.txt", d)
    =true
    >var dr = fs.readFile("log0.txt")
    ="\xFFW*"
    >dr.charCodeAt(0)
    =255
    >dr.charCodeAt(1)
    =87
    >dr.charCodeAt(2)
    =42

\xFF is 255, ok for one byte.
    1111 is 0100 0101 0111 in binary, and W is 87 character code, 0101 0111 binary. Looks like the lower byte of the 16 bit integer is saved.
    * is 42, ok.

My question is: Looks like saving typed arrays directly is not supported. Will it be, or what would be the best way to save this data as fast and efficient as possible?

Board is a Pixl running 2v08.188 (and of course shouldn't call a binary file .txt)

Actions