You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi - yes, here's fine to discuss.

I know microcosm.app says it's shutting down, but I know the guys doing it and they are still keeping the server going for the foreseeable future - it runs a few big forums in London that they're personally involved in, so they're not going to let it stop - but they're just running it in their free time now (rather than trying to make business out of it).

Having Persona shutting down is a total pain - I knew they were deprecating it, but didn't realise they were going to pull the plug. Pretty shocking of Mozilla really, given how many people depend on it. I'll have a word with the Microcosm guys, but I'd be pretty sure they have a plan for migration.

Sorry about the downtime - did anyone else notice this? It's been rock solid for me recently, but then I guess I wasn't using it much over Christmas.

Regardless of what happens, the forum software is Open Source - so if the hosting does die I can host it on my server, and can hack in some other means of authentication.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started