• Where is the documentation of the different AT command set?
    Where is documentation of the differences?
    That is what I would need to help...

BTW - I don't test code I write for others on forum, but I'll at least assess how bad it will be, and maybe take a stab at making the changes (depending on how hard it looks).

It would have been nice if espressif had picked one command set and stuck to it. There seem to be many versions of the firmware, all mutually incompatible.

• Thanks for your reaction. I should explain my notice "Warning" in my previous message...
    a/ I don't want to compare OLD and NEW documentation about AT commands from Espressif. It has no sense, they are different (the contents and the quality). The provided documentation and firmware (my links) are the best in this moment, evolutionary on the highest possible level... good condition for new development of ESP8266WiFi module.
    b/ The actual module ESP8266WiFi uses only few AT commands from the whole set. The first step in the new evolution could be to go through existing library and adjust its functions to new ESP8266-01 firmware. It has sense because of higher quality of new firmware. The second step should be to top up the library with new functions (e.g. set/reset DHCP, set static IP and so on) to create complete set of net_functions.
    c/ My warning is necessary to understand this way... The firmware behaves according to the documentation but is always better to view behavior of the real system to be able to debug developed SW. I send as an EXAMPLE picture (pic_02.png). You can see different behavior of command "AT+CIFSR" (Get local IP address) dependent on command "AT+CWMODE=1/2/3. I have low level of knowledge of JS or lower fantasy but it is not clear for me how called function "wifi.getIP" could be processed from actual ESP8266WiFi module.
    d/ Espruino Pico is fantastic piece of HW and SW. ESP8266-01 is easily reachable and cheap module with WiFi, hundreds, thousands... maybe hundreds thousands sold pieces, some among people having Espruino Pico. There is nice "shim" connecting both worlds. The new firmware is the best version which still fits into 512KB. All together is good basis to make Espruino "nice network appliance" :-).
    e/ I am not able to do this task now but I put "the things on the table" as inspiration for others... as it is usual in open community. If somebody takes it and create something meaningful... lots of people will use and like it.

1 Attachment

• pic_02.png
About

Avatar for profra @profra started