profra

Member since Jun 2015 • Last active Jun 2023
  • 2 conversations
  • 40 comments

Most recent activity

• in Porting to new Devices

@Gordon You had all the time right :-) The problems were, as usual, on 2 sides ... between keyboard and chair :-) as well as Linux Mint 18.1 has problems with bluetooth. Now work both ways ... UART line and BLE (but BLE only on my corporate notebook with W10 ...pairing without any problems). Now I am in a state which fully satisfies me, maybe later I will strive for OTA FW upgrade (as PUCKJS) but at the moment I do not need it... it takes a lot of time. Now I use DAPLink as dev tool and it is very quick, handy for development. Now the time has come to also start studying things around nrf52832.
    At this point, I want also to thank you for your support and I remain a loyal member of your cute and inspiring "toys".

Thanks for your reply. Now I can not do any experiments, I'm at work and I have my lab at home. I did not try described possibility, I was permanently connected to the USART... moreover I did not know about this dependence. In other words ...
    IF USART_connected THEN communicate_USART ELSE communicate_BLE
    ... Am I right?

May I have more questions?
    a/ Where can I find the rules how to describe the particular card? ...BOARD.PY
    b/ FW for PUCKJS is in zip archive... what is in the file "espruino_1v91_puckjs.dat"?

Thanks for the additional hints ... it will be long night today :-)

@Gordon Thank you for showing me the right direction!
    Success! FW for NRF52832DK has been build and is working on the serial line.... Some values has to be changed in directory BOARDS, file NRF52832DK.py... see below ... Time to go to bed now.

info = {
     'default_console_tx' : "D29",
     'default_console_rx' : "D30",
    };

devices = {
      'RX_PIN_NUMBER' : { 'pin' : 'D30'},
      'TX_PIN_NUMBER' : { 'pin' : 'D29'},
      'CTS_PIN_NUMBER' : { 'pin' : 'D28'},
      'RTS_PIN_NUMBER' : { 'pin' : 'D2'},
    };

@Gordon Thank you for your advice but the link espruino_1v91.58_nrf52832.hex does not work. I just installed the compiler and try to build some FW... Yippee... Espruino for Linux working...

OK, I'll respect that, I'll communicate with them only for my person. First, I'll give them a little time since they fulfilled their promises from KS campaign in advance. In the meantime I would like to try to do it myself, even though I had never done it.
    I would like to ask you directly at the beginning whether I can expect any support from your side (from my side has already been demonstrated - bought 3 pcs Pico, some PCB, 2 pcs PUCKJS from KS project:-))... because the questions are sure to come. If you know that there are obstacles that are difficult for a beginner to master please tell me it now. Thanks in advance for you reply.

It is bad sitaution, especially for backers of both campaigns, who thought of the synergy of both. However, I understand your opinion... fully understand! I have no tools to remedy the situation just occurred to me that I could forward our communication to RedBear, if you give me permission. Can I do it?
    P.S. You are 100% right... I was also backer for their Redbear Duo.

@Gordon I was backer of both projects (Puck.js and RB BLE Module Nano 2). I have both on my desk now. I would like to have Espruino on Nano 2 for HW experiments what should be easy, both have the same MCU. BUT I don't know how to put FW of Espruino to Nano 2. Please could you give me some hints how to do it. Thank you in advance for your helpfulness.

• in ESP8266

@ChrisZ I am using this to flash 1MB ESP-01...

./esptool.py --port /dev/ttyUSB0 --baud 460800 write_flash --flash_freq 80m --flash_mode qio --flash_size 8m 0x0000 "boot_v1.4(b1).bin" 0x1000 espruino_esp8266_user1.bin 0x37E000 blank.bin

• in Electronics

I understand and agree but each solution corresponds to the point of view. I see 8266 mainly as a slave co-processor for wireless connections and I would like to switch it only rarely... for reasons of battery life. Somebody asked on forum for SD card as external storage and we would have it on board (ESP-12F) with no additional cost... and anyway this flash memory "eats" battery capacity. The STM32F411 has up to 5 SPI, one could be used for this activity... it would need only to make the appropriate pads on the PCB for ESP-12F... It can be used by those only who want...

Actions