Member since Feb 2015 • Last active Mar 2018
  • 12 conversations

Most recent activity

• in Puck.js

• in Puck.js

I'll open a pull request for NFCTag.js on the weekend.

About downloading arbitrary data using NFC:
    It's generic and works for text, images, js... for this reason the data is wrapped in a NDEF MIME Record. Andoird features an API for wrap und unwrap.

Wrap and unwrap is missing from Pucks JS-Engine, namely:

• Parse and skip NDEF Message Header. (Usually 2 or 4 bytes)
    • Parse and skip NDEF MIME-Record Header. (Here length greatly depends on the payload type string e.g. "text/javascript" is already 15 bytes on it's own.)

If there is interest I would invest some time into a MIME record wrap unwrap module.

• in Puck.js

Yes, iPhone 7, 8, X with iOS11 (released in September 2017) feature a NFC reader API for NDEF records. (No write support and no arbitrary tag type support, just NDEF read.)

I'd like to have NFCTag.js listed. Should I open a pull request?
    Since NFCTag.js implements write support, it opens up additional possibilities. In theory you could download code to a Puck using NFC...

I've come up with an additional example:

var data = new Uint8Array(16+768);
    data.set("\xE1\x11\x60\x00", 0x0C);
    var tag = require("NFCTag").create(data);

This code creates an empty tag with 768 bytes of writable storage.

The data can be initialized with an Android App, i.e.

• in Puck.js

Yes NRF.nfcRaw does also work (see attachment). However the purpose of this one hour project was to demo my low level NFC API, which was recently merged, and test my iPhones NFC feature..

• in Puck.js

I've implemented a PoC for NFC vCard support.

My implementation consists of two modules. A NFC card emulation NFCTag.js and a NDEF vCard wrapper NFCvCard.js.

NFCTag: Features READ and WRITE support.
    NFCvCard: Its a pretty crude application example for NFCTag that can be altered to support various MIME-Type based NDEF tag types.

I've tested my vCard example below using https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nfc-read­er-for-iphone/id1249686798?mt=8

var tag = require("NFCvCard").create("BEGIN:VCARD\­n"+
                                         "FN:John Doe\n"+
                                         "TEL;WORK;VOICE:(111) 555-1212\n"+
  • in The Place for Patreon Patrons

short version:
    With the new systems the processing fee is just more visible and hence might stop people from pledging - especially in the 1$ - 2$ range. However the service costs remain almost identical.

longer version:
    I've looked ad EEVblogs eevBLAB #42 Patreon rant. He is showing his numbers at 4:45.

According to Dave, Patreon charged him with ~12% for the entire service.

Looking at this raw data, I deduct Patreon's cut in % remains unchanged:

• Patreon still deducts a %5 fee from the creator.
    • The processing fee was previously payed by the creator and is now added onto of the pledge:
      i.e. 20$ pledge + 0.35$ + 0.58$ = 20.93$ => ~5%.

Yes, charging 0.35$ multiple times is wrong. That sed I assume this practice was previously hidden and is now obvious.

• in General

Offline minification works, but the output is significantly larger. I'll try to shrink it using googles "java" offline compiler.

• in General

I get an "HTTP Error while minifying". Is the service down?