AntiCat

Member since Feb 2015 • Last active Oct 2018
  • 13 conversations
  • 79 comments

Most recent activity

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

I'm not an expert but likely you will hit in cold temperatures the limitation of the CR2032 cell or almost any other battery first. The chemical process within a battery is significantly more temperature dependent as any other component.

Next to the battery your only other concern should be condensation since it may lead to shorts or corrosion.

The button connects (if pressed) VCC (3.3V) to Ground producing a short.

If you want to pull a pin to ground you should always use a resistor e.g. 10k and not tie it directly,
    see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pull-up_re­sistor for details.
    Note: The article describes pull-up, but the same principle applies to pull down.

It works now - thank your for resolving the issue so quickly.

I'm using a Mac, WebIDE version is 0.68.6 and a Puck with the latest travis build 1v98+1.

I've a pretty large application consisting of 5 modules (loaded with require) and a main.
    I've enabled "Save on Send" and set "Minification" as well as "Module Minification" to "Closure Simple".

The upload kind of succeeds but the execution fails with

>Uncaught InternalError: NRF ERROR 9
     at line 1 col 7573
    ...bounce:50,repeat:!0})});\n");load();

Further more the saved code is garbage:

dump();
    // Code saved with E.setBootCode
    ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ...

require("Storage").read(".bootcde");
    ="\xFF\xFF\xFF\xFF\xFF\xFF\xFF\xFF....

If reduce my code size by deleting functions, everything turns back to normal.

Can this be fixed? I'm also happy with a solution where I upload the modules and the main separately.

• in ESP8266

I vote for handling undefined and missing the same way. Default function parameters are implemented in javascript using a check for undefined - an example:

function multiply(a, b) {
      b = (typeof b !== 'undefined') ?  b : 1;
      return a * b;
    }

Source: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs­/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Functions/Defa­ult_parameters

I believe adding a distinction between undefined and missing breaks the spec too.

• in ESP8266

@MaBe The documentation to setTimeout states:

Returns An ID that can be passed to
    clearTimeout

To answer your question calling a function without an argument is identical to calling it with undefined

.removed

I'll open a pull request for NFCTag.js on the weekend.

About downloading arbitrary data using NFC:
    It's generic and works for text, images, js... for this reason the data is wrapped in a NDEF MIME Record. Andoird features an API for wrap und unwrap.

Wrap and unwrap is missing from Pucks JS-Engine, namely:

• Parse and skip NDEF Message Header. (Usually 2 or 4 bytes)
    • Parse and skip NDEF MIME-Record Header. (Here length greatly depends on the payload type string e.g. "text/javascript" is already 15 bytes on it's own.)

If there is interest I would invest some time into a MIME record wrap unwrap module.

Actions