Edd

Member since Jan 2024 • Last active Apr 2024
  • 1 conversations
  • 18 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

I've noticed an even larger drift - I'm seeing a few minutes a day currently. I'm going to try solving it with the ios integration option to sync the time but I was expecting drift of seconds a day or much less, is several minutes of drift a day unusual? Thanks!

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

Sorry for the delay, I was working abroad for a week or so. The puck was bought in January so a couple of months but it was a month or so old when it broke.

Yep, I took it out to replace the battery and no joy with the button. It's like it's gotten stuck in place and won't move inside or outside of the case.

@Gordon hmmm slight snag, the button appears to have failed after a few weeks of usage and no longer clicks at all, I can't trigger it even after a battery change. Would this be covered under warranty? Temp sensors etc seem fine. Thanks!

That is very cool as I just updated the firmware for my bangle the other day. I'll take a binary "light" or "dark" as well. Thanks for the content!

PS: Re the other video I assume I can't configure the bangle js "button" BTHome app to work while I'm connected via BT to my iphone as advertisements don't broadcast while a device is paired? Otherwise that looks amazing, I didn't know there was an app for that on the bangle store.

Ah, perfect! Thanks, I'll bookmark those. Maybe make them text over icons for easier discovery? I wasn't aware those were active links on first glance.

Home assistant is coming along leaps and bounds - the next release will allow you to export historical CSV data directly from your dashboard widgets amongst other things. I'm impressed with how easily BTHome/ThermoPro devices integrate.

Re your vid, does it make any sense to hook in the light sensor for the doorbell or is that too inaccurate for calibrated use in daylight? Thanks!

Ah, I knew about https://www.espruino.com/Reference but not

https://www.espruino.com/ReferenceDEVICE­NAME

Which link takes you to the api docs for each device? The links on the main page seem to take you to

https://www.espruino.com/DEVICENAME

I've bought quite a few of the thermometers and no issues so far - they take an AAA battery and last for months. The only problem is they don't seem to report battery life but for the low price I'll make do. 🙂

Ah, I must be looking at the wrong docs then - it does make sense to have a unified api for shared attributes; I concur. Please let me know the correct link and I shall bookmark that to avoid bothering you needlessly again.

I was thinking of putting it on a dongle but the issue is figuring out how much length I'd need and how to stop the antenna of the Feasycom flopping about which I imagine could do more harm than good for the signal quality. As the network interface is only 1Gb/s I think ~1/2 that speed isn't a game changer, just an annoyance for now. The drive is mounted as exFat for interoperability/easier data recovery so the speeds were never close to full gigabit anyway. Long term I'll move to a pi 5 with an SSD attached directly over PCIe which should mitigate the problem entirely without needing to mount cables on the wall or add more shielding (I hope!)

I should add that with the aerial working normally without USB 3 interference I'm seeing much better range than I expected. I tried out using BTHome on my Bangle JS and it was picked up in the 2nd floor bedroom through two different floors! Seems to pick up ThermoPro thermometer units just fine at that range as well.

Actions