user156858

Member since Oct 2023 • Last active Nov 2023
  • 1 conversations
  • 4 comments

Most recent activity

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear but I'm not actually using the Puck, I'm using the nRF52840 in a completely different setting, I just wanted to understand how the Puck was making use of its nRF chip to see if I could lower my high consumption values.

But yeah I'm getting about 8mA current consumption while in operation and about 0.7 mA in sleep mode, I'm already using the deepest sleep mode (system off) so I'm not sure what can I be leaving on, I should be getting less than 100uA for sure.

Anyway I think it's clear for me regarding the puck on what is being done, thank you both for your support @fanoush and @Gordon

thanks for the clarification, as I said to fanoush I had the wrong idea about what type of sleep mode NRF_sleep() was, I'm only familiar with NRF SDK development in C so I was trying to understand what the puck was doing to apply it to my application.

I see I was under the impression that NRF_sleep() was the equivalent of system off sleep mode and not system on sleep mode. In that case I understand the deal, although that means I have bigger consumption problems in my application than I thought I did, I'm already using system off and I get way too much consumption .
    Thank you for the clarification

Hi there, I'm quite new to the puck js. I'm wondering about one of its features as claimed by a colleague of mine. Apparently it can keep an internal counter going even after waking up from sleep mode (correct me if I'm wrong).

How does this work exactly?
    As far as I know it doesn't have an external RTC and supposedly the NRF sleep function shuts everything off including the real time counter module, so unless I'm wrong about something, what am I missing? Can someone help?

Thanks in advance.

Actions