JoppyFurr

Member since Jun 2023 • Last active May 2024
  • 3 conversations
  • 6 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Just thought I'd make a post here,

I've made my first app for the Bangle JS 2, a watchface using the Terminus font.

A couple of pictures are attached :3

• in Bangle.js

Thanks rigrig,

I didn't realize that the touch-screen actually unlocked when doing a wrist twist. I think this will work for what I'm trying to do :3

Cheers,
    Joppy

• in Bangle.js

Hi,

I'm working on a custom watchface, and would like to make use of the heart rate monitor.

My plan, to avoid excess battery use, is to only measure and show the heart rate when the backlight is turned on. Ie, the user has pressed the button, twisted their wrist, or has done some other action that they have configured to turn on the backlight)

I've seen there is an event, 'lcdPower', but this doesn't seem to trigger. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, or maybe it's only for the original Bangle's LCD and not the Bangle 2..

Is there a way to get an event when the LCD backlight is turned on?

Cheers,
    Joppy

• in Bangle.js

Hi,

Yes, I am in New Zealand (GMT+12 now, GMT+13 during the summer).

I have updated the Settings and Alarms & Timers apps and everything appears to be working now :D

Thank you,
    Joppy

• in Bangle.js

Hi,

The bangle arrived with firmware v2.17. I have since updated it to v2.18.

Alarms & Timers - v0.39
    Scheduler - v0.22 (shows up twice in the app list on Gadgetbridge)
    Settings - v0.59

Yes, when I choose Repeat Alarm:
    "Weekends" gives me m_____s
    "Workdays" gives me _twtfs_
    Manually selecting a day, eg, Wednesday, shows as __w____ but the alarm goes off on Tuesday.

When I go back into the locale settings, I have never again had the option of choosing Sunday as the first day of the week. Ever since I first changed it to Monday, the menu only offers the two options "Monday" or "Tuesday". I even tried changing it to Tuesday and rebooting to see what would happen, and the menu still only offers Monday or Tuesday.

• in Bangle.js

Hi,

Hopefully this is a suitable place to raise bug reports.

I've recently got a Bangle JS2. While poking through the settings, I saw the option Settings->System->Locale->Start Week On.

I changed the setting from "Sunday" to "Monday", as I prefer my calendar have Monday as the first day of the week. After changing this setting, things started to break:

• Going to set an alarm, and choosing "Weekdays", it selects Tuesday->Saturday instead of Monday->Friday
    • I went to try change "Start Week On" back to Sunday, but the option for Sunday was now gone. Instead, the option was now only between Monday or Tuesday, with Tuesday selected by default (I changed it back to Monday)
    • Alarms that I have configured to only go off on Wednesday are instead going off on Tuesday

Cheers,
    Joppy

Actions