user143357

Member since May 2022 • Last active Jun 2022
  • 1 conversations
  • 2 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Thank you for the clarification Gordon. That helps! Just wanted to understand the shipping timeline (approx.) to Melbourne, Australia if purchased this week. Looking to order 3-4 devices. Not sure if there is any other forum that I may ask this question. Thanks.

• in Bangle.js

Hi! :) I'm looking to procure few pairs of bangle.js for a PhD research project. Before I proceed to procure it, I would like to know the following. Could anyone help with this?

Context: I'm trying to develop a game/app of sorts that encourages users to perform environmental, physical and social activities by stepping outdoors. The feedback from each activity performed will be made visible on the bangle screen for individual users. The screen will also reflect social feedback as received by other users in the group from performing their activities. I have the following questions.

1. Can I sync the bangle devices such that, the post-activity feedback reflects across multiple screens (bangle devices)? So that users are motivated to perform actions by watching the feedback received by other users for their activity.

2. Secondly, can we use gps/location services in the background when an activity is being performed at a specific location? I would like to tie the outcome of a particular activity to a specific location. In other words, I'm building a game that encourages users to step outdoors to various locations to perform various activities. I would like to use location and time spent at a location as input data for the system to register and validate the activity performed. Additionally, the user will register the activity by tapping on a start and stop button- but since there are no sensors to record some of these activities, I need to rely on tracking location change from the user's home location to confirm that a certain activity was truly performed.

It will be helpful to know if the hardware will support the execution of these ideas before I proceed to purchase it. Thank you! :)

Actions