Numerist

Member since Jan 2021 • Last active Apr 2021
  • 3 conversations
  • 25 comments

Most recent activity

• in Projects

Indeed. Here's the way it looks now on the watch itself, with tomorrow's date (complete with unwanted reflection). The date is colour coded for the day of the (6-day) week. Tomorrow is Arantius dies (orange day). Occasionally an extra day is needed; it has its own colour.

• in Bangle.js

I'm using the vector font. How frequently are there revisions of it, if any?

• in Bangle.js

The two previous requests may be ignored for now. We've figured out a way to do the character rotations in Vector that will probably work, and the error messages as described may not occur with use of that font and a simplified script.

Thanks again for your devoted attention to my font questions.

• 29 comments
  • in Bangle.js

Earlier I mentioned errors trying to run the project mentioned here on the watch. The errors do not appear when running the emulator, which works well.

The errors showing up for the watch are rarely the same. Examples below seem odd, because what is being claimed as undefined is in fact defined, as the emulator recognizes!

If you have a general comment on why this may be happening, it will be welcome. Many thanks.

Uncaught ReferenceError: “A1” is not defined
    at line 42 col 15
    buildSequence(A1);

Uncaught ReferenceError: “B1” is not defined
    at line 43 col 15
    buildSequence(B1);

[with these repeated for subsequent occurrences]

——

Uncaught ReferenceError: “timeLoop” is not defined
    at line 1 col 1
    timeLoop();
    ^
    in function called from system
    Uncaught ReferenceError: “showDateTime” is not defined
    at line 1 col 171
    …tiveUntil.getSeconds()+15);showDateTime­();
    ^
    in function “timeLoop” called from line 1 col 10
    timeLoop();
    in function called from system

• in Projects

With its long history, the dozenal number base is more useful for many things than binary, decimal, or hexadecimal, mostly because it is a superabundant and superior highly composite number. Its 3 factor is a significant component of that.

This project is developing a dozenal watch, with a calendar, clock, and weather data. Because the calendar starts from basics, it uses an epoch, year starting point, and monthly and weekly divisions that are more sensible than what's in the irregular Gregorian and Julian calendars and are based on astronomy rather than politics or religion, and the dozenal number base. The time of day is based on successive negative powers of a dozen, an improvement over the current conglomeration of base ten, twelve, and sixty.

The clock and calendar already exist, the former for various analog and digital clocks on a website as well as for an obsolete watch, the latter on an interactive website for scheduling appointments and other events.

Attached is the current state of the watch's first screen. Improvements in the display are coming, along with importation of many weather data on a second screen. The final code will be made available.

• in Bangle.js

Is it possible to get the "Vector" font as an otf or ttf? I prefer creating the characters I need and substituting them in the font directly, rather than doing the rotation as you indicated it.

• in Bangle.js

(For information: loading in a full ASCII 32–255 brings low memory and other errors.)

• in Bangle.js

Sorry, I understand. Through various means I've now managed to get this to work. Before long, we'll be pleased to upload the calendar/watch to the app loader, in its phase 1. Phase 2 will bring in many weather data if we can manage.

Thanks again for your patience and help.

Actions