Skog

Member since Mar 2019 • Last active Jul 2019
  • 2 conversations
  • 7 comments

Most recent activity

• in Pico / Wifi / Original Espruino

@Gordon

the > of the code simply sends the command. I switched it to = and found i received an echo - only it was inside the VT - it did not get its info from the device. --btw 96 is an abbreviated condition for 9600 bps, however your observation about it being a USB could be correct because the rate can be anything for sending the command. So i wonder if the VT has to be configured for a USB? Is there away to make it trainable to work with Espruino? I will probably avoid using Python and stay with the straight forward VT/or/VS

the DOS pass command is where the problem lays. My echo inside the IDE is working fine. However I can not see anything from the Espruino with Command Prompt - i can only call the command (one way)

@Wilberforce, it frees up access to talk with other devices.

So it seems i was able to send a command to the Pico from the Command Prompt in Windows 10. However the echo response does not occur. So the command is able to execute fine and it appears, however without a functioning echo, the return equations are not visible, only the hardware that has adjusted from the command

here is what i have so far:

C:\>echo LED2.set() > \\:\COM4

this does in fact turn on LED 2. however i get no response to the prompt. If i change the command to 1+3
    i dont see the =4 until i attach the device to the WEB IDE

i have also used:

C:\>mode Com4: 96,N,8,1

to set the baud rate. which after i can confirm with

C:\>mode

that is correct

• in JavaScript

it is a form of library building - i was in the mood for java

• in JavaScript

sure, that makes sence. and it is how i am using the little thing, however it is mentioned that we can compile code for it.

http://www.espruino.com/Compilation

you can also use C++ source files

//#include "jsvar.h"

i guess however java is elusive
    SKOG

• in JavaScript

So i am thinking of embedding the makeFile with java instead of C++ structures. However before I start i would like to verify and update the JVM on my Pico board.

The other question is would i loose the built in operators like the temperature readings and E.(scripting)

SKOG

is there a way we can write the port search in the script to avoid driver downloads?

so it would involve the access to the IDE to specify any differences along with the software request the pc needs to identify the device.

Actions