AnnKyun

Member since Dec 2017 • Last active Mar 2018
  • 1 conversations
  • 6 comments

Most recent activity

• 19 comments
  • in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

It gets power from the DK itself, however I routed them over to the header pins so that if you don't have a DK and want to use it just for USB-TTL, the programmer can power it too. To reduce the cost I didn't add in a power switching circuit, so I would not advise connecting to USB-TTL programmer if you have the jig plugged into the DK.
    Also SWIO and RST are not mixed up, this design is meant for the pogo pins to point 'upward' from the DK and the Puck is meant to be placed face down on the DK. Let me know if you would like any adjustments :D

Hi there! Sorry this is long overdue, but here's a rough design of the PCB that I've been using. Hope others are able to make it better than I am xD. Thanks again for all the help :D
    The pogo pins used are available here:
    https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/e­n/mill-max-manufacturing-corp/0908-0-15-­20-75-14-11-0/ED90384-ND/1991674
    Happy Hacking!

Certainly! Will keep you posted along the way :D
    Yeah, I started with the reference board files to make sure the positions are spot on.
    Are there any specific features you'd like me to add? I'll see if I can slip it in while designing it.
    PS. Would you mind sharing a picture of your current setup? Some pogo pins are insanely long, I might opt for shorter ones kind of like the one for ruuvitag

I'm using MacOS atm. The tool you mentioned sounds fantastic! Although for the time being, I'm actually looking for a physical jig mentioned in your earlier post. I've started on designing a PCB for a jig to use with the Puck, based on the nRF52DK actually xD, but figured I probably didn't need to reinvent the wheel. In that case I'll finish up the design, although it might take me a while since it's a on and off project.

Oh wow! This is quite neat! Unfortunately I went through a different route and built a custom binary for the puck :c (wish I found this wayyy earlier lol). So they could only be programmed via the SWCLK SWDIO pins. But thanks for the share! I will definitely consider porting the code over to vanilla puck.js bootloader and giving it a shot :D

Hi there! I have 15 pucks here and I've been toying around with getting them all to communicate with one another like a mesh network. The problem is that flashing all 15 of them is quite cumbersome and I was wondering if anyone has made a custom jig to flash the pucks. I would assume @Gordon may have had made some while developing Puck.js as well. Does anyone know if there are jigs for sale or even better, have there been schematics/board designs of any jig for the puck released? Thanks in advance!

Actions