Pico problem connecting

Posted on
  • First of all I own the original Espruino board, Espruino Wifi and the Pico.

I've recently come back to do something on my Pico which hasn't been connected for a couple of years and now it won't connect via the web ide.

When I plug it into a USB port it is found and after about 5 - 10 secs it says its ready to go. Here's some screenshots that may help to debug the problem.

2 Attachments

• ide.PNG
    • devices.PNG
  • @Coder2012,

does your system already see STM32... before you initiate the connect? From what I understand, it should not already connect on the (operating) system level. When you connect, the browser should initiate and setup the connection using the serial device. 'Driver not found' tells me that the operating system has already communicated with Pico and tries now to find the driver for this device... I'd try to disconnect in the system setup and then try to connect in the Espruino IDE.

That you could update the firmware tells me, that you can connect when your system is in the right setup in regard w/ the USB-Serial... because: when you put Pico into flash mode, your system could not / did not connect or lost connection, but connected successfully when the flasher in the IDE initiated connection... and there it could obviously connect.

But take my thoughts with a rock of salt... I'm working in the Apple OS X context...

• Hi - do the other boards work ok for you?

It's odd that the Pico actually appears as a USB device - usually when it's got that far everything is ok. Maybe you could try connecting with a different application, like maybe PuTTY (https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgta­tham/putty/latest.html)

Although it does look from that control panel screenshot like something is a bit wrong... What if you try and connect in bootloader mode? I know we did have an issue where Windows changed something and then only newer firmwares would work in it - but that was 5+ years ago I think

You could also try rubbing the USB contacts with a rubber? Sometimes they do corrode over time on the Pico and cause problems.

• Good news @allObjects I was able to connect this to via macOs and flash latest firmware, now this recognises perfect on Windows.

• Glad you got it sorted out.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Pico problem connecting

Posted by Avatar for Coder2012 @Coder2012

Actions