Banglejs2: How to extend the AGPS validity time?

Posted on
  • My banglejs2 relies on AGPS to get a GPS fix. But it is effective for at most 1 day. So I have to update the AGPS daily. Is there any way to extend AGPS data validity time?

• Not really, since the uploaded data only contains these 24 hours of data. If you can find another file containing more data for the GPS chip you could use that. If you use Android/Gadgetbridge you could use https://banglejs.com/apps/?id=agpsdata to automatically update the AGPS data in the background.

• As @halemmerich says, unfortunately the source of data files we have for the Casic chip in the Bangle.js 2 only has data that lasts for a day (I think it's 48 hours but in reality by the time you get the latest and upload it, it'll be less than that).

The Bangle.js one that has Ublox GPS has larger data files available that last for a week. Ideally we'd be able to find a better source for the Casic files, but I guess it may be possible to decode the UBlox ones and then re-encode them for Casic? I'm not sure...

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Banglejs2: How to extend the AGPS validity time?

Posted by Avatar for user156051 @user156051

Actions