recovering step count following a full reboot

Posted on
  • I know having to do a long press reboot is not something that is mean't to be needed but I have had to do this quite a lot on 2v16.x firmware. I am currently homing in on a reproducable way of repeating hangs I have observed.

The only negative effective of a reboot is that you lose the step count which is reset to 0. That means you lose your steps for the day.

Would there be a mechanism where by when a long press is requested that step count is somehow pushed to storage ? Or maybe that is a better scheme, some sneaky bit of hardware where it could be pushed and recovered on a reboot ?

• I am currently homing in on a reproducable way of repeating hangs I have observed.

Looks like you have, and this is fixed now in latest firmwares ;) https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps/i­ssues/2382

Would there be a mechanism where by when a long press is requested that step count is somehow pushed to storage

The long press is usually needed because the Bangle is totally locked up, so it's probably not possible.

But the Health app does write all the step info to Storage every 10 minutes.

I guess what is needed really is for first boot (we don't currently have a way of running code just then) the health data is scanned and the health data for the day is updated with the new step count (but we don't have a way to do that either).

I think I mentioned before, but IMO the best solution here is really to ensure that nobody has to long-press reboot apart from to update firmware :)

• the best solution here is really to ensure that nobody has to long-press reboot apart from to update firmware :)

I agree. Its been a long time since I have had to reboot it, its a rare activity.
    I will take a look at the new firmware and retest.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

recovering step count following a full reboot

Posted by Avatar for HughB @HughB

Actions