Bangle 2 - boot hanging at checking storage ...

Posted on
  • Can connect through the IDE.
    BTN reset just ends up stuck at this state.
    Ok - managed to recover through erasing all apps and attempting to install defaults.

However the app loader installs defaults for a Bange 1 not a Bangle 2 - had to manually install the apps by hand.

This raises a few issues:
    1) Seems a good way to hang your bangle by clobbering the default clock app.

How I got into this position: - I was some trying some code out on pastel.app.js and made a typo. As it was the default clock it failed to load. Tried a reset but went into DFU start. Tried a reset and got stuck at checking storage.

Maybe the booloader should have a failsafe clock that can kickin in if the default clock fails to load ?

2) Bangle 2 - App loader default Apps loads Bangle 1 Apps.

1 Attachment

• about.jpg
  • Did you try just waiting a minute? 'Checking Storage' checks all 8MB of flash so can take a while.

It's new for version 2v10 (but on Bangle.js 1 it's twice as fast because it has half the storage). I think realistically I'm going to end up tweaking it though so as long as there is something in Storage it doesn't bother checking the whole thing.

Also if you want to restore on Bangle 2 you can just do Bangle.factoryReset() and it'll sort everything out quickly.

• Did you try just waiting a minute?
    I did. It just stuck there was several minutes.

You mean Bangle.factoryReset() at the IDE ? That sounds handy. Clever stuff.

What about the App Loader though - I dont think it is deafulting to Bangle 1 Apps when you use the existing functions on the About section.

• What about the App Loader though - I dont think it is deafulting to Bangle 1 Apps when you use the existing functions on the About section.

It's not, no... That's on my list of things to fix :)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Bangle 2 - boot hanging at checking storage ...

Posted by Avatar for HughB @HughB

Actions