A HY Mini-STM32 VCT6 3.2" board

Posted on
Page
of 3
/ 3
Last Next
  • hi if anyone could help me i could greatly appreciate it. I have a HY STM32 VCT6 3.2" board, and i cant not figure out how to get espruino onto it. Please help.

• I think you meant this link:

http://www.espruino.com/Other+Boards

At the bottom, it has instructions for getting Espruino onto an unofficial board.

• Of course I did :/ thanks.

• The firmware wont download to it? IT says im not in boot loader mode how do i do it on a HY-MINISTM32V 3.2 INCH LCD BOARD (VCT6)? Sorry im very new to this.

• Are you sure you held down the BOOT0 button as you plugged the board in?

Just a quick plug, but this is why we make the Espruino Board. The other boards tend to be harder to get started with.

• Okay i did that, its a white sceen now what?

• You need to follow the instructions on the second half of this page.

Basically just do what you did before that said 'not in boot loader mode' last time.

As @DrAzzy said there are instructions specifically for your board on http://www.espruino.com/Other+Boards

• But i tried and nothing happenend. IT said it failed to update the firmware.

• When using the flash loader , it says no response from target.

• I'd maybe try and find a tutorial online about how to write new firmware onto your board. It doesn't matter what firmware it is, because once you get it working you can just upload the Espruino firmware instead.

• There is barley anything out there for it.

• Espruino posted a video using it on youtube, im sure there is someone who knows how to flash it, or could explain it better than this website.

• What operating system do you have? If you have the white screen it looks like you've managed to get the board into bootloader mode - so then it's just:

• Making sure you are connected to the correct (right hand side) USB port
    • Making sure the drivers are working and the port is appearing in the OS
    • Figuring out the software you use to flash the firmware
  • Okay, i have got it into bootloader mode. Do i want the post closest to the solid led? Windows doesnt make a sound when i plug it in. I have the drivers installed too.

• Yes, you want the one next to LD2/PWR.

I'd look in the windows Device Manager and see if the USB port has actually been recognized as a serial port or if there's a problem with it.

If it wasn't recognized, maybe this will help you: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windo­ws/forum/windows_vista-hardware/prolific­-pl2303-usb-to-serial-port-adapter-drive­r/1902e9e0-4af0-4f36-84bc-f487d4022f1f

I think those boards use a counterfeit USB to Serial converter on them. Prolific (the maker of the real chips) made the decision a while back to change their drivers so that they no longer worked with the counterfeit chip, and that could be causing you problems. You'll have to try and use a different driver that still works.

• Okay i use that plug and got windows to detect it. I looked in device manager and it has a new one com7? sound correct? What now?

• Then you get this tool from ST, download it, run it, give it the Espruino binary and point it at COM7.

• Okay im to the point where it says erase, download to device etc. And i click next and it says please select pages to be write protected. What do i do?

• Ok, just click 'next' - you don't want to write protect anything.

Click the Download to device radio button and choose the espruino_1v72_hystm32_32_vc.bin file, and click Erase all pages.

Click next and wait.

When it's done, press the reset button on the board and it should come up in Espruino.

• Thank You so much!

• I tried putting in the code from project 2, and im getting this Unknown LCD code 35208 35209. What am i doing wrong?

• Can you link to "project 2"?

• When you start up the device after having written Espruino onto it, does it display anything on the screen? Even before you send the code from Project 2 to it.

• I had it working for a long time now its blank but it use to be fuzzy. Everytime i enter code i get >require("Touchscreen").connect(onTouch)­;
    ERROR: Could not open file : NO_PATH
    WARNING: Module "Touchscreen" not found
    =undefined
    Uncaught Error: Field or method does not already exist, and can't create it on undefined
    at line 1 col 23
    require("Touchscreen").connect(onTouch);­

^

Any ideas? and also ....
    ERROR: Could not open file : NO_PATH
    WARNING: Module "Touchscreen" not found
    =undefined
    Uncaught Error: Field or method does not already exist, and can't create it on undefined
    at line 3 col 25
    require("Touchscreen").connect(touchCall­back);

^

in function "onInit" called from line 1 col 8
    onInit();

^

:=undefined
    Unknown LCD code 35208 35209

| |_ ___ ___ _ ||___ ___
    | |_ -| . | _| | | | | . |
    |
    || || |_|||_|_|