Activity/Steps not in sync

Posted on
  • Hey there,

I tried to search for the issue, with no success, so sorry, if this was answered already.

Today I lost connection from watch to phone and I guess this - or something else, idk - caused an async of my steps. The watch is at 6226 steps right now. GadgetBridge on the other hand is at ~ 3400. Even with forced sync I can't get it up to the 6226, instead it's stuck at "syncing activity" forever.

Any idea what caused this? Could it be the disconnect? Imho the watch and app are set to sync constantly.

• Any thoughts @Ganblejs ?

Gadgetbridge only gets updates from the watch every 10 minutes, so it will always lag behind a bit, but I think the chance of you going ~3000 steps in 10 minutes is low!

The 'health' app should keep logs of all that info on the watch so that it can be resynced back to Gadgetbridge - but I'm not really sure why that wouldn't be working I'm afraid

• Noticed this morning I had uninstalled the health app it seems lol
    reinstalled it then. But:

I had an activity of 10 hours yesterday as well. From morning up until the time it synced again

The pebble watchface seems to show steps from another source or something, that's what I was refering to. Right now it's working fine.

• Happy to read you got it working once you noticed the health app was not installed!

I don't have anything to add then @Gordon :)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Activity/Steps not in sync

Posted by Avatar for Karsten @Karsten

Actions