Bangle firmware 2.10->2.19 update problem

Posted on
  • Hello I can't upload Bangle1 firmware. I've followed Espruino webpage and installed all mentioned apps and after establish of connection I see notice that nerf 5 is not working on device.

I tried 3 android smartphones and 3 pc computers with google chrome.
    i have connection with bangle via bluetooth but i cant upload firmware by usinw www ad by using android apps

• [SOLVED[

there is bad info on espruino webpage about how to access dfu

on webpage http://www.espruino.com/Firmware+Update#­nrf52 you should realease button 2 but it will not go to DFU

on watch there is info you should realease button 1 but it was hard to find it on the watch (letters are small and I believed in webpage)

• Also firmware update related: the update using the nRF firmware update app is no longer working for. The app reports that the zip file cannot be read. This worked fine before, any suggestions? Is there another app to be used?

1 Attachment

• Screenshot_20230914-085310.png
  • The app reports that the zip file cannot be read.

Then the zip could be corrupted on download or it is wrong zip file, which zip file you used, can you provide direct link?

• That is for version 2 of the watch, you talked about releasing button 2 so you probably have Bangle.js 1 as bangle 2 does not have second button?

https://www.espruino.com/binaries/esprui­no_2v19_banglejs.zip is the right one?

• Nah, different guy. sorry for the confusion, I just commandeered this thread. In my case it was for Bangle2. But now it works again, might have been a glitch in the DFU app.

• @bart glad you got it sorted - although as far as I can see the webpage does say to release Button 1?

• Long-press BTN1 + BTN2 for about 6 seconds until the screen goes blank
    • Release BTN2
    • Release BTN1 a moment later while ==== is going across the screen
    • The watch should now be in Dfu mode

I'm not sure what it should say differently?

• this post is about update 2.10->2.19 in Bangle 1.

no1. WEBPAGE info (in my case bangle couln't hop to dfu mode):
    not working procedure:

Long-press BTN1 + BTN2 for about 6 seconds until the screen goes blank
    Release BTN2
    Release BTN1 a moment later while ==== is going across the screen
    The watch should now be in Dfu mode

no.2. now working procedure on
    BANGLE1 info screen (->just focus on buttons numbers because text info is different on the watch than on webpage:
    Long-press BTN1 + BTN2 for about 6 seconds until the screen goes blank
    Release BTN1
    Release BTN2 a moment later while ==== is going across the screen
    The watch should now be in Dfu mode

In my case a good procedure was procedure no2: -> first to hold 1+2, release 1 first, release 2nd button and I suceeded to go to dfu mode.

i am very sorry if it is confusing, i solved problem of "which button to realese first"

• Glad you got it sorted in the end, but the watch DFU screen says:

RELEASE BTN1 FOR DFU
    BTN1 TO BOOT
    BTN1 + BTN2 TURN OFF

The bootloader text is small I know, and isn't super helpful, but it's trying to say the same as the webpage:

• RELEASE BTN1 FOR DFU - release BTN1 to enter DFU mode
    • BTN1 TO BOOT - keep holding BTN1 to boot into Bangle.js
    • BTN1 + BTN2 TURN OFF - (keep) holding both buttons to turn off

I just tried again here and it works exactly like that, BTN1 (top right) is what you need to enter DFU, and BTN2 (middle) has no effect - you can enter DFU by releasing BTN1 when ==== goes across the screen even while holding BTN2

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Bangle firmware 2.10->2.19 update problem

Posted by Avatar for bart @bart

Actions