Raik

Member since Dec 2019 • Last active Oct 2020
  • 11 conversations
  • 115 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Ok, so I did not have time yesterday evening to reset everything, but I flashed 2v07 to see if it changes anything.
    This morning I unplugged and battery went from 100% down to 75% in 5 hours.

So around noon I took time to flash 2v08 and install default apps. I then reuploaded my usual apps and widgets but left out the custom boot. Now it lost only 1% in the last 2 hours.

So something fishy was going on, like some process not shutting down and drawing power all the time.

But as I said I think it started when I started messing around with the powerSave setting. Could it be, that once it is disable it does not automatically reenable if the setting is removed? I did try Bangle.setOptions({powerSave:true}) but that didn't seem to help though. (Then again you said even with it disabled it shouldn't draw more the 1mah...)

• in Bangle.js

And it's definitely 2v08 and not a cutting edge build that you installed?

Yes, I double checked.

Even better if you can just install default apps in the app loader to rule out any apps/widgets you might have installed.

I'll give it a try.

Is the screen ever turning off?

Yes it is. It behaves normally as far as I can tell, only the battery indicator is going down way too quickly. BTW at 77% now, thats 7% in 3 hours...

• in Bangle.js

I think something is wrong with my watch. Ever since I tested the powerSave:false option my battery drains really fast. Yesterday I lost about 80% in one day, literally doing nothing except showing time once in a while.

I reflashed 2v08 yesterday evening and explicitly added the powerSave:true to the custom.boot.js but today after fully charging over night I'm down to 84% after 5 hours.

Is there a way to check if powerSave is already enabled?

• in Bangle.js

@Raik is there any trick to it? eg movement?

Not sure. I'm wearing it and I have wake on twist enabled. I uploaded the code and when I later checked the Web IDE it was disconnected. That's when I saw that my default watch face (Numerals) was loaded, but with a incorrect time, like 02:05.
    So it seems to reboot and "forget" the current time. Strange indeed. The Web IDE console did not show any error messages though.
    I also seems to happen very irregularly, now its running for over and hour working fine.

BTW: I did not press any buttons in the meantime.

• in Bangle.js

ChangeLog from 2v07 says:

Shrink new vector font sizes to allow multi-line use (fix #1873)

related to this issue: https://github.com/espruino/Espruino/iss­ues/1873

So yeah, I guess this is more or less intended behaviour.

• in Bangle.js

I can reproduce it. Uploaded your clock to my watch (only RAM) and it crashed 3 times now after different amounts of time.
    I'm on 2v07 btw.

• in Bangle.js

Which clock face are you running / can you share the code if it is a custom one?

• in Bangle.js

I think if .hide got called twice it could cause problems by the look of it.

That seems to have fixed it. I did not have the issue since. :-)

• in Bangle.js

The download link to the apk file for the latest version 0.47.1 is this one: https://f-droid.org/repo/nodomain.freeyo­urgadget.gadgetbridge_180.apk

Actions