Raik

Member since Dec 2019 • Last active Oct 2021
  • 12 conversations
  • 122 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Here are my two cents:

I see no advantages putting it the right way up.

Sideways has all the mentioned benefits and I was also immediately thinking about rotating the screen. Installing an extra app for that I don't see as a disadvantage. Whoever is bothered by the screen being sideways while charging gets an pretty easy fix at no cost.

Anything on the Bangle.js 1 stand that you disliked?

I'm using @Mabe's 3d printed stand and that works perfectly for me.

• in Bangle.js

Ok, just pushed a new notifyfs app!

That works, thx :-)

• in Bangle.js

Ahh - thanks! I think I just spotted it. I'll try and get a fix in next week.

Awesome! Thanks much :-)

• in Bangle.js

I updated my Bangle to cutting edge version 2v09.175

I also updated all apps that where out of date. Now when I receive a message and Gadgetbridge widget shows it (using full screen notification) and I tap to dismiss the message, it returns to the clock face (Numerals) and immeditaley loads the app launcher menu.

Not sure whats going on there.

• in Bangle.js

So how will adapting apps work then? Is the watch using the same app loader than the Bangle v1 and we need to modify the apps to recognized whether its a Bangle v1 or v2? Or do we need to completely rewrite apps for the v2 and it is then delivered exclusively for the v2?

• in Bangle.js

if you try one of the 'cutting edge' builds I changed this last week so it should stop happening now

I flashed 2v09.87 a few days ago and it indeed seems to be resolved

• in Bangle.js

I experience the same behaviour, not sure if it started with 2v08 though.
    Numerals clock, Gadgetbridge, full screen notifications, most of the time I get endless vibration.
    It does not happen with the Morphing clock.
    Not sure what it is that I'm doing differently in the Numerals code and no idea how to debug it...

• in Bangle.js

Ok, so I did not have time yesterday evening to reset everything, but I flashed 2v07 to see if it changes anything.
    This morning I unplugged and battery went from 100% down to 75% in 5 hours.

So around noon I took time to flash 2v08 and install default apps. I then reuploaded my usual apps and widgets but left out the custom boot. Now it lost only 1% in the last 2 hours.

So something fishy was going on, like some process not shutting down and drawing power all the time.

But as I said I think it started when I started messing around with the powerSave setting. Could it be, that once it is disable it does not automatically reenable if the setting is removed? I did try Bangle.setOptions({powerSave:true}) but that didn't seem to help though. (Then again you said even with it disabled it shouldn't draw more the 1mah...)

• in Bangle.js

And it's definitely 2v08 and not a cutting edge build that you installed?

Yes, I double checked.

Even better if you can just install default apps in the app loader to rule out any apps/widgets you might have installed.

I'll give it a try.

Is the screen ever turning off?

Yes it is. It behaves normally as far as I can tell, only the battery indicator is going down way too quickly. BTW at 77% now, thats 7% in 3 hours...

Actions