Problems with gadgetbridge

Posted on
  • Recently i bought the bangle.js 2. Id like to see things like the step count on my smartphone over gadgetbridge, but even when my smartphone and my bangle.js are connected during the whole day, i get max 1/4 of all the steps on gadgetbridge. I have my settings so the app doesnt shut down, but work in the backround. Also i want to ask if there is a possibility to show the data from the sleep log app in gadgetbridge.

• That's a very strange one - so you see the steps you have on the Bangle itself, but despite being connected all the time they're not appearing in Gadgetbridge? Or is it that the step count doesn't match what you see on another tracker?

Right now it's not possible to show the sleep log app data in Gadgetbridge. I guess that functionality could be added, but it would require changes to both the Android Integration app and Gadgetbridge itself.

• I see the steps on my bangle but even when im connected the whole time via bluetooth they dont appear on gadgetbridge. Like yesterday according to my bangle i walked 7687 steps, but gadgetbridge just shows me 365 despite being connected the whole time and my smartphone even being in the pocket nearest to my arm to make sure there arent problems with the connection.

Thank you for the answer

• Ok - that's odd. And you definitely to have the 'Android Integration' app installed on the Bangle, and all the software (and firmware) is up to date?

• I'd like to add that I'm experiencing this issue as well. My watch has recorded 9060 steps as I'm writing this but Gadgetbridge is only showing 270 steps and my watch has been connected to Gadgetbridge all day.

Another thing I've noticed is that the time on the watch seems to freeze when a notification is sent to the watch. The time will only update when I hold the side button down and unlock the watch. The messages app also won't launch but this seems to be a known issue.

I'm wondering if all of these things are connected and maybe when a notification is sent to the watch it breaks its communication with Gadgetbridge. Perhaps this is why the step count seems to stop recording on Gadgetbridge even though connection between the app and the watch is constant.

• Yes, i have the android integration and everything is up to date

• I'm wondering if all of these things are connected and maybe when a notification is sent to the watch it breaks its communication with Gadgetbridge.

This is likely related. What apps/clock to you have installed? You can get a list from the 'More...' tab of the app loader. Do you think you could connect with the Web IDE and then paste this code in the left-hand side:

GB({"t":"notify","id":2,"src":"Twitter",­"title":"Tweet!","body":"testing..."})

It should cause a notification to appear - maybe it will show up some log messages/errors that might help you?

• I experience a similar behaviour on two different Bangles. Step count is working fine on the device, rarely transmitted to gadgetbridge, if at all, altough conected 24/7. Clock does not freeze. Notifications seem OK (mostly). Tried several different settings in Gadgetbridge, basicall allowing / enabeling anything...

Device: Bangle.js 2
    Phone OS: Lineage 18.1 latest update
    Device is updated via gadgetbridge, android integation is installes, no further apps so far.

@gordon : I have no idea what your suggestion means (sorry...).

• I experience a similar behaviour on two different Bangles. Step count is working fine on the device, rarely transmitted to gadgetbridge, if at all, altough conected 24/7.

Work is being done on this here and here.

• Cool!
    Thanks for the hint, good to hear.
    Looking forward to the solution.

• The PR's linked above have been merged and functionality will be available in Gadgetbridge nightlies shortly. The updates on bangle side is available via the development app loader.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Problems with gadgetbridge

Posted by Avatar for user155231 @user155231

Actions