• I just got my v2 of the Bangle.js and it's amazing, such a great improvement on the very solid v1!

Now that the touchscreen is a bit more central to the UI, I was wondering: Is there any way to invert the screen so that the single hardware button will be on the left side of the device instead of being on the right side? Or are there plans to implement this? :)

As a left-handed person I typically wear smartwatches on the right wrist to be able to use my dominant hand to interact with the touchscreen and having the hardware button towards the wrist would be a more natural use (at least for me).

• It has been asked once or twice, and while you can hack something up with JavaScript (just setting g.setRotation) I think realistically it'll need something at the firmware level to ensure that touch coordinates are handled ok.

• Thanks @Gordon! That's a quick fix for the display, but indeed, the touch coordinates won't be automatically flipped.

• Just to add it looks like there's a GitHub issue for this already: https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps/i­ssues/1040

• Oh shoot, I missed that, thanks for pointing me to it!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Bangle.js v2: Inverting display to move button position from right to left

Posted by Avatar for gedankenstuecke @gedankenstuecke

Actions