• @myownself they're different - the high res timer is very specifically for sending timed pulses (and software PWM).

The time on Bangle.js comes from the RTC hardware on the chip, which is driven directly from a low speed oscillator. About the only thing that can change the time is if you do a hard reset or run DFU - during that time the RTC won't be running until Espruino boots.

A second or two of drift in smartwatches/PCs/phones is pretty normal I'm afraid - the oscillators are usually rated at around 30 parts per million. Since there are 86400 seconds in a day, 86400 * 30 / 1000000 = 2.5 seconds/day

Usually you don't notice because phones/PCs/etc keep time updated from the internet all the time

• I'm noticing about 5 seconds' advance per day on Bangle.js 2. You helped me to get GPS time into Bangle.js 1 and read often enough. Is the same possible for Bangle.js 2? Any specifics?

Alternatively, is it possible for Bangle.js 2 to access an iPhone's time via a script for the watch?

Or is there some other way to avoid the large gain per day that others have also noticed?

About

Avatar for Numerist @Numerist started