• Actually I don't own a Pebble, but always thought they looked cool. At the time I looked into them, they were programmed in C and as a C programmer (in my distant past) I decided that C was not the right sort of environment for a hackable watch. Bangle and Javascript are perfect though. I've always loved interpretted languages and development envionments based on interpretters. I'm inspired by the story of the Pebble fan base who simply would not accept that Fitbit was going to kill it and decided to setup enough support for it to continue. My motives for building a couple of Pebble like watches is in the hope of acttracting more Pebble owners to maybe join and support the Bangle JS community. The more developers we have around the more it will accelerate the Bangle and its apps; plus I just wanted to see if I could produce some nice looking watches.

• Hey HughB,
    I am a former Pebbler and I've been trying to pull them over here too. More eyes = More awesomeness with this sweet watch. I've been waiting for a watch with at least this functionality since pebble shut down.

About

Avatar for andiohn @andiohn started