• Thank you very much for your reply Gordon, and congratulations on another successful Kickstarter campaign!

I was indeed uploading my code to the emulator, but whether I try to upload it to the emulator or my Bangle.js the result is the same (i.e., nothing happens). After clicking the upload ("Send to Espruino") button, the left-hand pane of the IDE flashes briefly, but I can still interact with it normally. If I click the down-arrow and enter a storage file, again nothing happens, and I can still interact with the left-hand pane as usual.

I would not be at all surprised if there's something in my code causing the problem, however as I noted previously if I cut-and-paste each function alone into the right-hand pane, each one is uploaded successfully without any EMSCRIPTEN errors. The problem only occurs when I try to upload all the functions at once, leading me to believe I'd exceeded some size limit.

Anyway, I have attached a file that reproduces the problem in the emulator and my Bangle.js. I'm not sure it adheres completely to the recommended coding guidelines but I think it's pretty close. Thank you in advance for investigating the issue and pointing out any obvious missteps in my code (I'm still learning how to write code for my Bangle.js).

Best of luck with Bangle.js v2, I can't wait to receive mine and start updating my apps for it!

1 Attachment

• Mon 2021.10.11

I took that source code file verbatim and loaded into notepad++ to determine it's size. I then stripped the comments as that is what occurs during the upload. Should the leading whitespace chars and blank lines be removed, we'd get down to the ~400 JSVars that Espruino finally unpacks.

9077 / 16 = 567
    7961 / 16 = 497

Bytes / Bytes per JSVar = JSvars

So plenty of Free memory remaining.

>process.memory()
    ={ free: 1207, usage: 393, total: 1600, history: 5,

Some techy stuff that might pique your interest:

JSVars   https://www.espruino.com/Internals

which I conveniently retrieved from a thread I created:

Commonly Referenced Links to Review and Bookmark

I ran into a similar issue five years ago and ideas here might provide some insight:

removing lines of code - Too big to save to flash

Note that my code file was three times larger!!

About

Avatar for TTBangler @TTBangler started