TTBangler

Member since Aug 2021 • Last active Mar 2022
  • 3 conversations
  • 24 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Thank you very much for your helpful reply Gordon!

I recently upgraded to 2v12 and can confirm the new 'stroke' event works on my Bangle.js 2. I think I understand now how to implement letter recognition thanks to your example code but I guess the accuracy will depend on how forgiving your stroke matching algorithm is (hopefully I'll be able to learn more about that from the source code...).

Thank you as always for all your help and hard work!

• in Bangle.js

Can somebody please tell me what became of the first unlocked stretch goal, "Character/gesture recognition"? I had hoped it would become a module I could use within an app to input letters.

Or perhaps it became the "Pattern Launcher" app? If so, it might be a good idea to note that on the Bangle.js 2 Implementation Status wiki page.

Many thanks to Gordon and all the developers who've made both of my Bangle.js watches such fun and useful devices!

• in Bangle.js

Just thought I'd better point out that I had very similar problems until I upgraded to the latest firmware version, 2v11. After upgrading to 2v11, the battery life has been much better (and stable). The firmware upgrade can be a little problematic, however, so be sure to read the posts related to updating the firmware if you run into any issues.

• in Bangle.js

Well Gordon was right--I kept hitting 'Retry' in the nRF Toolbox app and after 100 retries the firmware on my Bangle 2 did indeed successfully update to 2v11 despite all the errors.

• in Bangle.js

Unfortunately I've encountered the same problem trying to update my Bangle 2's firmware as well on iOS.
    Some additional info: The error message displayed in the nRF Toolbox app is "##### bytes were sent while 0 byte were reported as received" while every attempt to transmit the firmware shows "CONNECT" then "DISCONNECT" on the Bangle2 display. FWIW, I've attached a screenshot of the nRF Toolbox app log below. BTW, this is the first time I've tried to update the firmware of my Bangle 2, but I've updated the firmware of my Bangle 1 twice and did not encounter any problems (and I'm still using the same version of iOS). Many thanks in advance to whoever can help solve this!

• in Bangle.js

Thanks very much for adding the ability to take screenshots of the emulator to the Web IDE!

I just wanted to share a tip I learned automating the taking of screenshots generated by my app. I run the emulator on Ubuntu and wanted to use 'xdotool' to take screenshots. I couldn't figure out why 'xdotool click 1' wasn't doing anything when attempting to click on BTN1, BTN2, or BTN3, so I looked into the emulator source code and discovered those areas are listening for 'mousedown' events. So by replacing 'xdotool click 1' in my bash script with 'xdotool mousedown 1', 'sleep 0.5', 'xdotool mouseup 1' I was able to get the emulator to recognize button presses. 'xdotool click 1' does work fine on the screenshot button, however.

• in Bangle.js

I post this just as a reference. The Web IDE certainly works in that case...

Thanks for chiming in with another reassuring reference point about large apps. It seems there's something odd about my Chrome/Ubuntu setup, which is very strange because I installed Chrome only to use the Web IDE. Regardless, Gordon's catch of the exception seems to have fixed the problem for me in the beta IDE.

• in Bangle.js

'The English Language at times can be quite persnickety'

And you identified a prime example I completely overlooked, thanks for pointing that out :-)

Actions