You are reading a single comment by @Robin and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Would it make sense to attempt to flash the older firmware

No - this'll be squarely related to the GPS itself. At this level you're talking right to the hardware.

Please could you try just leaving the Bangle on its own, with the GPS app on, ideally with the 'N' symbol facing towards the sky? It's possible that if you're moving it around and there are buildings to the side of you it's having a lot of trouble.

Otherwise it may be there's an issue with the GPS radio but it's worth trying some other stuff first

Is that data stored for the next GPS fix? If yes, when will it get deleted?

Yes - I could be wrong but I believe it may be until power is lost. At least getting a GPS fix after losing power takes far, far longer.

• Thr 2020.04.23

post #3   'Would it make sense to attempt to flash the older firmware'
    post #10   'No - this'll be squarely related to the GPS itself. At this level you're talking right to the hardware.'

re: 'At this level you're talking right to the hardware'
    Yes totally agree, if using @Martins code block. It isn't clear if that referred to the GPS widget code.

The point of reflashing was to prove that maybe the antenna (is there anyway to see if the factory botched connecting that?) wasn't connected, as the UBlox is talking to Espruino as we see the formatted data packets. They just don't conatin data. My assumption was the antenna, or the GPS itself. As I have a crippled (can't load apps as I am unable to flash yet) Beta version, that was working without any installs. With all the recent firmware version changes, reflashing to that three month old version would be the final say as to whether a return was necessary, without having to take the watch apart.

About