• Only FYI,
    I would like to automate ESP-IDF make to Espruino Make
    In a first step all .mk files in template folder are searched and converted to an additional make file
    This is a first step only, but may be, its of interest
    Sorry, but I'm in vacation on an island right now, and don't have time to work on this for about a month.

• I would like to automate ESP-IDF make to Espruino Make

This is exactly what this does:
    https://github.com/espruino/EspruinoBuil­dTools/tree/master/esp32

This is a series of scripts, that build the app and esp-idf folder that espurino uses for the ESP32 build.

source script/provision ESP32

This is used by Travis, or by anyone wanting to build from source. This downloads the toolchain, and adds the two folders above.

I suggest that you clone the EspruinoBuildTools repository and do the build to see how it works.

In the EspruinoBuildTools/esp32/build/build-idf­.sh script, there are variables for changing what version you want to build:

esp_idf_branch=${1:-v3.0.3}
    espruino_branch=${2:-master}

• @Wilberforce
    to be open, I don't understand your point and need some advice.
    What I would like to automate is one part, which always happens to me after we get a new version.

• structure of components is different to older versions.

Therefore we need to include some more headerfiles, libraries and binarys. And remove some others. All of these changes are done in espruino/make/familiy/esp32.make.
    Usually I've to search a lot to figure out these changes.
    My idea now is, to use all .mk files which are available after compiling components.
    Please see attached file, which is a first step to replace a lot assignments to INCLUDE,LIBS and LDFLAGS
    If my understanding of your tool is totally wrong, and you are already doing this, please help me out.

About

Avatar for Wilberforce @Wilberforce started