You are reading a single comment by @billsalt and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @Gordon - that didn't work. I had gotten to this point by using "save on send", so I enabled that again and used "var foo;" and was finally able to clear it out that way. I had even reloaded the boot code. Somehow that area of flash isn't getting cleared properly by any other method. I'd say there is a bug if I had to guess... I'd imagine this is going to cause others to have issues, so it bears looking into if you can do so. See attached screen grab.

Now, on to my task. I tried the following, but don't see the UUID/major, minor being advertised when I use my iBeacon scanners on the iPhone. It is based on the previously mentioned conversation:

var advertise = function(options) {
      var d = new Uint8Array([
        0x02, // Number of bytes after first AD structure
        0x01, // BLE_GAP_AD_TYPE_FLAGS
        0x04, // BLE_GAP_ADV_FLAG_BR_EDR_NOT_SUPPORTED
        0x1A, // Length
        0xFF, // BLE_GAP_AD_TYPE_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_DA­TA
        0x4C, 0x00, // 0x004C == Apple
        0x02, 0x15, // iBeacon type + length
        0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,// iBeacon proximity uuid
        0x80, 0x00, // major
        0x34, 0xab, // minor
        0xc5]); // 2'c complement RSSI at 1 meter distance in dBm

d.set(options.uuid,9);
      if (options.major!==undefined) d.set([options.major>>8,options.major],2­5);
      if (options.minor!==undefined) d.set([options.minor>>8,options.minor],2­7);
      if (options.rssi!==undefined) d.set([(options.rssi<0)?(options.rssi+25­6):options.rssi],29);

var e = [].slice.call(d);
      NRF.setAdvertising(e, {interval:100});
    };

advertise({
      uuid : [0xDA, 0xB5, 0x9C, 0x4F, 0xA4, 0xD6, 0xEE, 0x28, 0x6B, 0xFE, 0x8E, 0x00, 0x00, 0xBB, 0xC2, 0xBB], // ibeacon uuid
      major : 0x8000, // optional
      minor : 0x1234, // optional
      rssi : -59 // optional RSSI at 1 meter distance in dBm
    });

1 Attachment

About

Avatar for billsalt @billsalt started