• 95 comments

Also known as "billsalt"
Bill Saltzstein
Code Blue Consulting/Code Blue Communications
Bluetooth and Medical Device Consultant
http://www.linkedin.com/in/billsaltzstei­n

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Just ran across this issue today while doing a photoshoot. It would be nice to have the settings app...

• in Porting to new Devices

Thanks @DuncanCragg! I'll see if I have time to replicate your work. I may/may not be a bit more familiar with the code loading process, so I'm not sure if I can add. I would like a uf2 way to do this if possible. We'll see if I find some spare time to look into it. Appreciate the info and your hard work!

Bill

• in Porting to new Devices

Hi @DuncanCragg -- I've got a clue and just popped in here to see if someone had Espruino up on it yet. I read through the postings -- good work all!

Would you post a process summary and build files so that I can repeat your work?

Thanks!!

• 8 comments
  • in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

Thanks for the observation @Robin. There's a lot more going on with my project, including a custom flex circuit with a tag-connect JTAG port, so I'm good with what I've got going on.

I've ordered parts directly in the past and was very happy with that and support @Gordon and recommend the Espruino products quite often.

Thanks!
    Bill

Thanks @Gordon! I've already purchased 30 MDBT modules for DigiKey for this project, so the sale has already been made :-} I think touch-to-pair, OOB pairing is a great way to get good authentication and help make our solutions secure.

I'll keep the consulting offer in mind, but may indeed go and do a custom version based on the Nordic examples (HR, in particular). If I do so and get it working, I'd happily contribute it back.

That being said, I don't know how many Espruino implementations have a need for good security, but commercial products have an increasing visibility. See the story today about Russian hackers using iOT devices as entry points to hack larger systems. My $0.02, as we say in the US (conversion to local currencies left to the reader).

Thanks again! Bill

Thanks for the quick response @Gordon! I have a couple of issues with the approach you suggest: security risk, and the web-connectivity requirement that it presents. Both of them are non-starters for the application. What I really need is OOB pairing using the NFC interface.

I'll be going to C code for the final implementation, but was hoping to use Espruino for the 25 prototypes I'm building. It didn't seem supported at this point, but I thought I'd ask. Put it in the 'enhancements' bucket and see if anyone else is interested in this support going forward?

Thanks again,
    Bill

Hi All,
    I have the simple tag working just fine, is this possible/supported? Nordic has a few examples (inluding the HR demo), but unclear how/if I can do this with Espruino.

Thanks in advance,
    Bill

Actions