Bill Saltzstein
Code Blue Consulting/Code Blue Communications
Bluetooth and Medical Device Consultant
http://www.linkedin.com/in/billsaltzstei­n

Most recent activity

• 8 comments
  • in Puck.js

Hi @Gordon,
    The app runs on puck-js and/or ruuvitag. I'm using the nRF52DK (loaded with the espruino 1v94 build) because Nordic's profiling provides good/accurate measures. I hope to eventually turn the application into embedded code, but am using espruino as a proof of concept. So far, it is working well enough that it can take us a long way (thank you!).
    The DK itself doesn't keep the serial port on unless that build of espruino is different, but you've definitely given me another area to look at. If I add

Serial1.setConsole(false)

to my code, will that turn off the oscillator? I'll also take another look at how that port is wired up.
    I've also discovered that I may not have configured a jumper correctly and may have an additional diode of leakage from the boards.

Tricky stuff, measuring current in these small amounts.

I totally understand and respect the consulting issue; I consult as well. Definitely push back if I cross that boundary. Right now I'm just trying to figure out how to get a better feel for power consumption than I could by wiring up a puck-js device. The better I can get the power consumption numbers, the more devices we will buy before we need to go to embedded code.

We've purchased quite a few devices and I personally/professionally recommend all of the espruino devices quite often. I'm a big fan & supporter.

• in Puck.js

@Gordon -- just realized it may be that it is still advertising. What is the best way to disable advertising?

Bill

• in Puck.js

Hi Gordon,
    The numbers came from the Nordic Power Profiler. I’m running the 52830 dev board and v1.94 with a .js application. I suppose it could be some leakage from switches/LEDs, but I think they're designed correctly on that board for the inactive state to be zero current.

I was wondering about the sd_power_system_off() function, while the device is not OFF when you put it in system off mode, it is put in a low power/deep sleep state, where it can only be awaken by reset, GPIO, NFC field or LPCOMP module (for example, the BTN switch).

Is this do-able, or is this what you’re already doing with the nrf.sleep function?

Thanks!
    Bill

• in Puck.js

Hi @Gordon -- I'd like to be able to turn the puck off programmatically and have the BTN wake up espruino. The sleep functions seem to stay at about 400-500 uA, and I'd like to have more shelf life and shipping time, so it would be great to put it into a zero power state.

Any thoughts? Enhancement request?

Thanks!
    Bill

Actions