• Ahh, thanks for letting me know. I guess I'm not 100% sure if it should be on by default then, since it's a massive security hole if anyone is currently using Espruino and isn't expecting a port to be opened.

You can always do USE_TELNET=1 make - although that should be documented. Ideally it would be a command-line option.

For int-float-int passing - that's interesting. It's referring to what happens if you call a function that takes those 3 arguments. It could be an issue with 32 bit x86 - I checked here and it happens on a real system too.

It's not a huge deal since it's actually pretty rare that particular argument format is used - I doubt you'd notice a problem. If you do come across it, you'll notice that some of the arguments get corrupted, but it won't cause a crash or anything.

When you post stuff like that up in future, please can you try and surround it in the 3 backticks? As it is, it's a real pain to look through and see what's text you've written and what's command output.

• I did try to use back ticks, but it went bung, so I removed them!

I thought I would add now on the iPad, however the character isn't on the keyboard!

For the Linux build is there any other way of loading code via the ide, if there isn't - that's why I was expecting it to be on by default. Can it be called a security hole if it's not on a default port?

As you say documenting makes all the difference!

I updated the gcc compiler on the 32 bit system - it made no difference

About

Avatar for Wilberforce @Wilberforce started