• I looked in the flasher section of the WEB IDE and noticed Flash Firmware and Advance Flash Firmware, but I don't see a button to choose the firmware from my computer.

• I uploaded to my google drive and pasted the link into the textbox and press the button. The firmware uploads successfully. I disconnect the Pico and plug it back in. The RED LED stays lit and the pico seems to be unresponsive.

• Was the google drive link a direct link to the file?

I'd just run xampp locally, so I could give it a url to get it from...

• Ahh, it also depends how you compiled the binary...

• PICO_1V3=1 RELEASE=1 make creates an Espruino binary without the bootloader - it needs to be flashed to a specific address (after the bootloader) to work
    • scripts/create_pico_image_1v3.sh creates an image with the bootloader in, and the Espruino binary pre-offset. That's the one that the Web IDE expects.

If you can actually connect to the Pico from the computer/vm you're compiling in, I'd recommend: PICO_1V3=1 RELEASE=1 make serialflash - that compiled just the Espruino binary but flashes it to the correct address - all in one go

• @DrAzzy Simple, yet effective :-) Thanks

I also was uploading the wrong .bin file. I was uploading bootloader_espruino_1v80_pico_1r3.bin when I should of uploaded espruino_1v80_pico_1r3.bin

What are the differences between the two .bin files?

@Gordon I will surely give that command a try.

• What are the differences between the two .bin files?

One is just the bootloader (which can't get updated by the firmware updater anyway), and the other is a bit tricky - depending on whether you ran create_pico_image_1v3.sh or make it's either the full image (both bootloader and espruino firmware) or it's just the (un-offset) espruino firmware.

• @Gordon thanks for the explanation :)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

How do I flash my custom compiled firmware onto a Pico?

Posted by Avatar for d0773d @d0773d

Actions