• That was quick... did not want to pull the button for stop into play yet... But may be now is the time: since you have the standard board, you may take a look at the Software Buttons - Many buttons from just one hardware button. This gives you multiple functions by just one button (BTN1), by different sequences of short an long presses, just as Morse managed to convey text over a single wire in a human (easy) to create and interprete async communication. A asynch protocol that is not as time/baoud sensitive as the async serial communication... I used the software buttons to control running lights - ok, just the three leds on the board - my first 'project' a while ago...

To keep you clear from the battery connector was not at all my intention... because if you stay clear until done and connect the LEDs to VBat of Espruino, you have to reduce the intensity for the LEDs, because they will pull your USB into the ground (use values lower than 255)... 10 RGB LEDs bright white pull 600mA... already beyond 500mA what a Computer Stanard USB can deliver... (MacBook Pro complains about pulling to much from the USB, shuts the USB down... but unfortunately looses with that also the keyboard until you restart your machine - other computers may do similar things if 'friendly').

To be safe power your LEDs directly from your power supply (if they can handle the 5V)... either way - connected to battery connector or not. But again: have all GNDs tied together. Since you already have it for the sensor, you are just fine.

Could you publish a short clip? ...a pic is more than 1000 words, and a clip is a multi-volume lexicon... (with that you notice I'm old fashioned... so more in the presence: ...a clip is a google result... ;)).

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started