You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Sometimes the ESP8266 responds to AT+RST with "ERROR"

That usually happens if Espruino has been reset/restarted and there happened to be half a line of text already in the ESP8266's input buffer. Potentially it'd be fixed just by sending \r\nAT+RST\r\n instead of AT+RST\r\n in the driver.

• Still no luck.
    I am sure TX and RX are connected properly, if I invert them, Espruino complains with ERROR: Pin A2 is not capable of USART RX Suitable pins are: A3.

I added different capacitors, sometimes I see that when I plug it, the blue led turns on and stays, but as soon as I upload the sample js code which does esp8266.connect, it goes off and doesn't blink anymore.

One dumb question: I have the esp8266 in a breadboard, and it is wired to the Pico with jumperwires, no soldering anywhere. Could that be the cause?

At some point I think I've read something about the proximity of capacitors affecting this, so I wonder if the fact that it's wired instead of soldiered in close proximity a problem. Keep in mind that I am absolute zero when it comes to electronics, so, try not to laugh too hard if this question is non-sense :)

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started