gnz

Member since Mar 2014 • Last active Oct 2020
  • 7 conversations
  • 63 comments

I'm kind of new around, wanna go for a coffee?

Most recent activity

• 4 comments
  • in Projects

Nope, not HID.

The desktop application side is listening for events that are incoming from a ROS topic over a websockets connection (with roslibpy).

The bridge between puck.js and ROS is a very trivial webpage (source) that connects to the puck.js, and starts an interval to send over the knob's value (an analog pin read) (and also the capsense value, that I didn't use so far). That same page publishes the value to ROS topics via websockets as well.

All and all, it's extremely simple, but it uses a bunch of very unrelated technologies. ;)

• in Other Boards

Cool! Would you mind hinting me in the right direction to build for it? I have a box full of them for an upcoming hackathon and I would love to be able to offer this to the participants.

• in Other Boards

Hi!

Does espruino work on the (not-so-new-anymore) Arduino Nano 33 BLE boards? Considering it sports an nRF52840, it could actually work, right?

Cheers
    Gonzalo

• in Projects

It's actually what I had in my drawer of enclosures, and I think it's actually aluminum, but for my silly use case, it works well enough, it's not blocking the RF connection. But it's a hack, a proper product design would change to a square form factor to be more composable with multiple knobs, and I would replace the top side of the box with glass-like black material.

• in Projects

Hey folks

Just want to share something I did over the weekend with puck.js. It's pretty simple, but it makes me very happy that it worked so smoothly! It's a physical knob controlling a virtual slider in parametric design tool Grasshopper 3D.

Cheers!

https://twitter.com/gnz/status/126231261­6866844672

• started
    • 8 comments
  • in Interfacing

before I go off trying to do my own thing

yep, I'd advice against building it yourself unless you have a lot of extra time in your hands. Not sure what's your project exactly, but unless your goal is really to build a packet forwarder in node.js, then go with lora-server (or TTN, or a loriot.io community account) as your backend.

Unless -of course- you're trying to build an espruino-powered lorawan gateway :)

• in Interfacing

Hey @Gordon, in general, TTN shouldn't differ much (at all?) from any other LoRaWAN network. I haven't tested myself, but there are a bunch of guys in our local community that have sensors that they interchangeably switch from network to network without issues.

If you wanna setup a local test environment to isolate from TTN and any other provider, I'd recommend this backend: https://github.com/brocaar/loraserver It's well documented and I know others have tried it successfully. About the concentrator, I guess you have it figured it by now, but you could use TTN install scripts (https://github.com/ttn-zh/ic880a-gateway­/wiki) and just change the backend server to forward to on the local_conf.json

The biggest problems you will face with downlink (from backend to espruino) are related to time sync, the receive window is rather small, and it's a source of constant issues on some MCUs.

Let me know if I can give you a hand.

Cheers
    Gonzalo

EDIT: Actually, I DID test switching networks now that I remember, and it worked without having to make changes to my node. Just provision the keys on the new network and off you go.

Actions